PDA

View Full Version : really worried re broken tooth

tashbarnes87
19-03-10, 16:53
Hi all, i am 18 weeks pregnant & today after eating an apple i ran my tongue over my teeth & to my horror noticed the back of a filled tooth ( canine tooth or 4th one in from front) has snapped off to the gum line. i can feel the tooth just slightly above the gumline but my whole grey filling is exposed. I spoke to the dentist & i have an appointment on monday but i am terrified the tooth will need to come out :( & you would def notice it :( im in such a panic as i am terrfied about going to the dentist :(

do you think it will be ok? it doesnt hurt at al x

sandradee
19-03-10, 21:49
If it isn't painful I doubt the dentist will remove it. that is a last resort these days. Some type of crown will probably be suggested. Don't worry.

smpomeroy
19-03-10, 22:07
when you have had a filling in a tooth for a good while - especially the old amalgim ones the tooth around can become brittle and snap - its nothing harmful or to be worried about.

cthechick84
19-03-10, 22:22
aww tash dnt worry hun i knw its hard but i to broke my tooth on a curly wurly when i was 38wks pregnent and i was scared about what they were gna do etc ,but i went to the docs an they put this white paste on to fill my tooth bk up for tempory untill i have the baby and then they capp it an fill it once uv had the baby everythnk will b alrighti promise you hun my bbaby is now 7wks old and i still havent been bk to sort it out lol it gives me some pain now n then so i must go becse the tooth is quite senstive becos its exposed,its good that u have no pain all the dentist will do is the same they done for me they dnt take perfectly good teeth out hun !!u will b ok try and relax hun,go to the appoiutment and see what they can do hunni but not alot they will do while ur pregnent jus most proberly capp it it was amazing when they capped mine because u cudnt even notice were they put the paste on it was great .take care love chantel xxxx