PDA

View Full Version : Violent head movement

Jules31
12-02-04, 17:05
Was just sitting at my desk when it felt like the inside of my head moved violently. It was almost like a spin but not quite more a feeling of propulsion. I felt like I didn't know where I was and as if I was going to black out and fall off my chair. It only lasted about three seconds but was horrible. I feel all light headed and headachey now again.

Please tell me this is the symptom of anxiety, never had it before
Jules

Meg
13-02-04, 16:51
So a day later , youºre still ok following this wierd head thing with
no harm done ?

So if it happens again remember that it was fine last time and will be again

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

abcdd
14-02-04, 02:57
hi jules31

Are you coming off of some medication? Because I used to have that same feeling When I was coming off of paxil It was like a serge of electricity in my brain sounds weird but it is the truth. Don't worry about them they do no harm YOU Will get through it!!!!

Jules31
16-02-04, 13:03
not coming off any meds, just having a really really rough time, not had that feeling again yet but still struggling with all the others

thanks for the reassurances though

Jules

sadie
17-02-04, 20:41
Hi Jules,

I am sorry that you are having a rough time of late with all your headaches etc, but be assured if you did have a serious head problem you would defintely have known it by now as you have had these form of symptoms for a while now!

If it helps any, I too suffer quite a lot of headaches/migraines which seem to stem from anxiety and stress as well as my menstrual cycle. I get weird sensations in my head at times too..like muscles moving and crackling noises when I move my head. This really used to worry me..but I went to my GP who explained its caused through tensing up the muscles in my head...and this helped me relax about it.

It seems to me that this is what you are doing..you are worrying about your head and the symptoms so much that you are simple making the muscles tense up so much adn causing terrible headaches. Anxiety, stress and worry can cause all sorts of terrible physical symptoms and severe throbbing, stabbing headaches is just one of them.

I really think you would benefit from a head massage or some acupuncture as this will definetly release some of that tension you are building up in your head.

Try your best not to worry about your headaches etc and they will start to disappear before you know it.

Take care

sadie

Jules31
18-02-04, 11:28
Thanks Sadie

I have tried acupuncture in the past but it didn't really help and also a head massage a long time ago. It didn't really benefit me though it could be worth giving it another go. I did go for a back massage a couple of weeks ago and was intending to keep this up.

No matter how hard I try I can't shake the feeling that there must be something wrong because the feelings just keep getting worse and worse

Jules