PDA

View Full Version : spoke to dr now im scared :(

worry_bunny
19-03-10, 22:01
The basics leading up to this are that saturday I had an op under general anesthetic to remove some teeth. They put in some stitches and gave me some antibiotics as they said there had been a lot of infection under the teeth they removed. I felt ok then Tuesday I felt shaky and dizzy but after speaking to the nurse from the docs she said that it was probably low blood sugar from not eating enough. I upped my food intake and felt ok until this morning.

When I woke up I was still half asleep and got out of bed to go to the toilet. As soon as I stood up I felt really really dizzy and had to hold onto the wall to steady myself. I went back to bed and my head was still spinning but not as bad after a while.

After a few more hours rest I found that I was a lot better but still terribly dizzy especially when I lay flat down on the bed the room was just spinning.

I calleds NHS direct and the nurse said that it could be an ear infection and to get in at the gps.

I called my doc and the receptionist said they were fully booked until Thursday so I explained about calling nhs direct and what they had said. She got a bit snotty with me and said that I was already on antibiotics so it shouldnt be an infection but she would get the doc to call me.

After a few hours the doc called and after I explained what was going on he started talking about infections caused by the original tooth infection. He spoke quite fast a didnt really let me talk but at some point Im sure he said something about blood infections :scared15:

He said that he would do me a prescription as the antibiotics that Im taking now are up tomorrow but because of the opening times I cant get it till monday. He said something about my balance center?? and how I should rest it and not make sudden head movements.

As soon as the call finished I wanted to call back and ask for more info especially about the blood infection bit but I was too scared :weep:

Now Im worried this is something horrible. I can walk around now but still feel dizzy and when I lie down the room still spins terribly unless I lie on my side.

Any advice? :wacko:

pussy cat
19-03-10, 22:36
hello,thats the last thing you want when you don,t feel well - snotty receptionists & drs that gabble along & don,t listen to you-you say that you started your antibiotics on saturday & was o.k.till tuesday ? & you,ve had the dizziness since-a similar thing happened to me & i was allergic to the antibiotics ! as they take a 2/3 days to get into your system this could be the reason-as you finish your course tomorrow anyway & cant get another script till monday you might find that as they leave your system(this again is going to take 2/3 days) the dizziness will ease.if it doesn,t improve somewhat by monday i would get an appointment with the dr not just take another course of antibiotics that may not be needed.i wouldn,t think it would be infection & if you get more worried over the weekend go along to a/e - try not to worry - good luck:yesyes: