PDA

View Full Version : sudden chest pain - anxiety or something else ?

sarah jayne
20-03-10, 13:32
This morning i was feel fine then after doing a bit of ironing i was walking into the kitchen and i got a sudden horrible pain in my chest, it only lasted a couple of seconds but really freaked me out. Now im feeling really anxious and am worried about my heart. Its happened before on numerous times over the last couple of years, in fact this is how my anxiety started. I just dont understand how one minute i can be fine then the next this happens, has anyone else experienced this ? in the past ive rushed to the hospital where ive been given an ecg and everythings been fine, i just dont know what to do...:weep:

sarah jayne
20-03-10, 13:34
I forgot to add that this is the first time its happened in months ...

Maj
20-03-10, 13:36
Sounds like it could be some sort of digestive pain that can be felt in the chest, or it could be just a pain that there's never an explanation for!! It doesn't sound as though it's anything to worry about and if you've had tests done previously which were okay then I'd be reassured by this.
Myra x

sarah jayne
20-03-10, 13:38
Thanks myra for replying, its just so hard, i seemed to be getting better then this happened...x

Maj
20-03-10, 13:41
I know what you mean - it makes you feel you've taken a step back again, but you haven't. We all take aches and pains which there's no explanation for and this will be what it's been. Try and forget it and carry on.
Myra x:hugs:

Fallenfree
20-03-10, 20:10
Hi!
Thought i would post to say i know what you are going through i have this for the last 5yrs!!
One minute i am fine laughing and joking with friends or typing away at work when i would get a sharp stabbing pain and that would set off panic (it then causes shoulder pain were i am tense, but this just makes me think i am having a heart attack even more).
Your not alone its just panic, wind or how you have sat more than likey.
Fallen x :flowers: