PDA

View Full Version : Fed Up of the pain, worry now!

turnthelighton
20-03-10, 17:35
It has been nearly four weeks now. That I have been experiencing symptoms in my left breast area. Been to the docs three times and sent away. The itching has now stopped for over a week, starting using a cream from asda that does the trick. Now most of the pain is in my left shoulder blade and my breast seems tender. Most of the pain is when I lay down on my back I feel like the left breast is going to shout off in pain! Hard to explain but if I lie on my side etc it is ok.

I have another doc appt on Wednesday but this is really getting me worried, more than usual if that is possible. I have resisted the urge to google.

Sorry to be so fed up!

Jan63
20-03-10, 21:51
Have you been poking and prodding your breast because I know from experience that this can give you pains in your shoulder and in your arm - I've done it myself when I thought I found a lump.:blush: If you are not happy with what the doctor says can't you ask him to refer you to a breast clinic so they can do mammograms and ultrasound to put your mind at rest?

turnthelighton
20-03-10, 22:33
I have not been prodding but I do find that massaging my shoulder helps

sjs
21-03-10, 00:41
I have the same symptoms as you, pain in left shoulderblade and breast pain, for 7 weeks. Have had a breast examination with no abnormalities found. I was also anxious about breast cancer.

It sounds like you have muscle issues not breast issues. Inflammation in your thoracic spine can cause shoulderblade and breast pain. A shoulder injury can also radiate pain into your breast. If you have been to 3 doctors and they have all given you the same opinion then stop worrying they are probably right.

blondie47
21-03-10, 02:02
I had sharp pains in my left breast a few years ago. For some odd reason, I was not all that worried about it considering I usually have myself dying at the very onset of any weird new feeling. I went and had a mammogram and the person who was conducting the test told me that shooting pains in the breast are often caused by cafeinne. Sure enough, I didn't drink coffee for a few weeks and the pains went away. I did eventually go back to coffee, but in moderation. Try eliminating it from your diet (or soda, if you drink it) and see if that helps.

turnthelighton
21-03-10, 11:33
Thanks for the replies, I will cut out the coffee it is worth a shot. I am trying not to worry and keeping myself busy. Just dont want the pain anymore. x