PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 of Prozac!

nickieb
20-03-10, 21:22
After much hesitation i began Prozac 6 weeks ago. I was suffering Health anxiety secondary to nervous palpitations- leading to panic attacks & depression. I have to say i was a mess & thought i was going to die.

I tried Sertraline way back 2 years ago but had a reaction to them, so as you can imagibe i was so scared to try prozac. However i had no choice, i needed to get my life back on track.

The first 2 weeks of taking Prozac was pretty hellish. My palps were worse i was waking up every night to panic attacks & dizziness. I couldn't relax, it was awful. Unfortunately i had to stop taking propanalol as i was really nauseous on them & so lethargic- i was unable to function!

I can honestly say i haven't felt this happy in a long time & my palps are very rare now. Yes i still get anxious (but its 80% better) & now i can control it. I hvnt cried in weeks...it has really lifted my mood. I have come to realise in this short space of time i will always suffer with Health Anxiety & its always worse when im due on. But Prozac seems to take the edge of it & i no longer PANIC!!

Its early days but each day i feel better & more positive that i can beat this awful illness. For those of you who suffer with palps/ectopics/missed beats, taking Prozac has really helped. I also take magnesium too which i think has also helped.

It just proves these buggers run off our adrenaline!!

Nic xx