PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam dosage

mumble
20-03-10, 23:28
I took one dose of 2mg a week or so ago to try for the first time to get me out of the flat... sort of felt an effect. Then next time, a few days later, I tried a little more, one dose of maybe about 5mg, and sort of felt a bit I think. Then a week or so later I tried nearly a whole 10mg dose (maybe about 8mg) and it wasn't enough still to get me on the bus to go somewhere. Is this just because I'm very anxious and need a higher dose? Or perhaps because I'm just taking one dose before the event?

I only want it for certain things - I need it once more to try and move back to my old house, and the journey - then I shouldn't need to really use it again. I don't know how much to take this time... I wondered if 15mg would be too much?

loulabella
09-04-10, 10:20
Hmmmm, 15mg is very high. 5mg is usually enough to stop anxiety for me. You may need a different Benzo if you really need them. Have a word with your doctor.

carlos678
15-04-10, 21:27
Hmmmm, 15mg is very high. 5mg is usually enough to stop anxiety for me. You may need a different Benzo if you really need them. Have a word with your doctor.

x2, stick with 5mg for now, and try venturing out and do activities/tasks that you would find difficult. You should find it easier, but not totally comfortable..

you can increase the dose to a point where you don't feel any anxiety, but you won't feel anything else either (being totally sedated isn't productive; both for dealing with anxiety and general life- eg work, socializing). Use it as an aid not a solution.

If on the other hand you don't feel anything then you may have to up the dosage, but try to stay on the lowest (helpful) dose.

all the best

rambler
01-06-10, 13:59
I have just been put on 5mg twice daily. It's only a three day course until I get to see my Psych and hopefully sort my other meds out on thursday and Like yourself, mumble, I haven't felt any different from taking it.