PDA

View Full Version : could it be my pill?

iris333
21-03-10, 09:16
Hi there.
Oh dear, I have had a bad week. I have had panic attacks many times over the years but they are few and far between, however, starting last Sunday i have been panicking every day with very disturbing symptoms. I am wondering why I am all of a sudden much worse?
Only thing that I have done differently is start taking a new contraceptive pill. Could this be having an effect on my mind do you think?

KK77
21-03-10, 13:50
Never been on it :roflmao:

But I'm sure that hormones can alter your mood/behaviour etc, especially in anxiety sufferers. My ex lost the plot when she came off it after 2 years...

I'm sure you'll adjust to it soon.

iris333
21-03-10, 19:20
thanks for your reply! I am scared to take it incase I have a panic attack due to the hormones :unsure:

jumpingmuffin
21-03-10, 22:25
I though that about my pill as it has def made me more emotional and really bad mood swings than when i wasnt on it

jenjen210
21-03-10, 22:57
Hey!

I've been on the pill and at one stage I thought maybe it had something to do with my panic attacks. I think I was really just looking for something to blame it on and wishing it would be as easy as to stop taking it to make it go away. I'm not sure about your individual case so maybe it is your pill but I think a lot of it will be worry over taking the pill, try to relax, the dr wouldnt have prescribed it if he/she thought it would have a negative impact. Go back and see your GP.

Hope u feel better soon! I know what you going though

x