PDA

View Full Version : Painkillers??

hannah84
21-03-10, 14:23
Hi I am currently taking 20mg of citalopram and 80mg of propranolol I was wondering if it is ok for me to take tablets like nurofen for headaches and things?
Any advice would be largely appriciated thank you.
Hannah x x

JaneC
21-03-10, 14:31
Hi Hannah,

You can take them although there is a increased risk of bleeding in your stomach. I was prescribed a similar painkiller the other day, specifically asked the doc if they were ok with Prozac and the doc said they should be fine, just watch out for any signs of blood and if there were stop taking them. If you don't feel comfortable with that, I think paracetamol is safe x

moomin1
21-03-10, 14:57
I take co-codamol for migraine and fine on those with Citalopram. Not sure about aspirin based products though.

martbarr
21-03-10, 16:03
I take co-codamol for migraine and fine on those with Citalopram. Not sure about aspirin based products though.

Nope aspirin is not OK.
But paracetamol is fine, and ibuprofen, and codeine.

oneofus
21-03-10, 16:05
Hi I am currently taking 20mg of citalopram and 80mg of propranolol I was wondering if it is ok for me to take tablets like nurofen for headaches and things?
Any advice would be largely appriciated thank you.
Hannah x x

I believe Neurofen is contra-indicated for Citaloparam, but paracetemol is fine. Check with NHS Direct if you want to be sure.

Nick

KK77
21-03-10, 16:10
I believe Neurofen is contra-indicated for Citaloparam, but paracetemol is fine. Check with NHS Direct if you want to be sure.

Nick

Not a good idea, no - but my doc said that the odd one is OK. Just don't make a habit of it and try to stick to paracetamol if you can.

Jannie2948
21-03-10, 16:39
Yes, I've been told only paracetamol, although I had a terrible headache the other day and did ask the pharmacist and he said I could take something stronger but not to make a habit of it.

Jannie

rosya
22-03-10, 17:59
I had a really bad reaction when taking nightnurse a few days ago. I am on 20 mg citalopram and had a really heavy cold so took night nurse for about 3 nights, first couple of nights ok but when I woke after 3rd night I was like a zombie. Kept falling asleep and heavy eyes, lasted all weekend. Is there something in the nightnurse that we shouldn't be taking?

martbarr
22-03-10, 18:04
I had a really bad reaction when taking nightnurse a few days ago. I am on 20 mg citalopram and had a really heavy cold so took night nurse for about 3 nights, first couple of nights ok but when I woke after 3rd night I was like a zombie. Kept falling asleep and heavy eyes, lasted all weekend. Is there something in the nightnurse that we shouldn't be taking?

Don't know about night nurse - but cit takers are fine with "Syndol" over the counter pain killers. And they are about as strong as you can get OTC.
Boots tension headache tablets are identical but half the price.

If you know anyone who works at Boots (ahem!) you might get more off,
because Boots staff get huge staff discount and annual bonus!

cheers
Martian

JT69
22-03-10, 19:15
Ahem!!! Boots staff are not allowed to get discount for people who dont work there...Mr B!!! Only members of family living under the same roof!!! Or we just might get the sack!!!

martbarr
22-03-10, 19:22
Ahem!!! Boots staff are not allowed to get discount for people who dont work there...Mr B!!! Only members of family living under the same roof!!! Or we just might get the sack!!!

Oh hello there Jo.
Didn't see you there!

And didn't take you long to get back into official mode then!
I dunno - no adventure some people!
Off to sulk now............

JT69
22-03-10, 19:23
:DLOL!!!! You not getting rid of me yet...Dr North...

martbarr
22-03-10, 19:30
:DLOL!!!! You not getting rid of me yet...Dr North...

So is that a yes to the discount then?
I knew you'd come through for us in the end.
What are we talking about - 35% ??

I can be discreet ....
As you've probably noticed.

JT69
22-03-10, 20:08
No Sorry no can do am afraid!!!!

martbarr
23-03-10, 08:49
Sorry Jo - had a really silly mood on me yesterday.
Was only joking about the staff discount.
It's like you asking me for cheap advertising on ITV I guess.
No chance !

Have a great day!
remember Boots of Nottingham
yeh capital of the civilised world

JT69
23-03-10, 09:30
Sorry Jo - had a really silly mood on me yesterday.
Was only joking about the staff discount.
It's like you asking me for cheap advertising on ITV I guess.
No chance !

Have a great day!
remember Boots of Nottingham
yeh capital of the civilised world

Hey Proff,

Thats o.k....good to have a laugh. Must keep off other peoples threads they might get the hump?? LOL I think it keeps everyone ticking over, if you cant have a giggle what can you do??

Hope you have good day too.

Jo.xx