PDA

View Full Version : New to Ectopic Heartbeats

ectopicsufferer
21-03-10, 19:08
Hi all

Just a brief introduction of myself.....

I have looked on and off this site for the last 6 months, pretty much amazed after what i have read that there are so many many other people that are going through a similar experience to mine.

I am 38 years old female, my name is Amanda.

Since the week of my 37th birthday i have had problems with anxiety it came out of nowhere and i didn't know it was anxiety to begin with.

The latest thing for me is ectopic heartbeats which i have just had confirmed by a cardiologist , don't you just love it when they say there is nothing to worry about lol , ok there may not be but when you're experiencing it, well it scares the hell out of me to the point that some days i just end up sitting and crying.

Obviously there is alot more to me and i will hopefully get to know some of you through this brilliant site.

Thanks for reading it if you have and i hope everyone out there is coping xxxx

Amanda :hugs:

diane07
21-03-10, 19:14
Hi ectopicsufferer

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

andrea thompson
21-03-10, 19:43
hiya amanda

you will get loads of help and advice on here! its really hard sometimes isnt it.... i having palps now and again - had an ecg that was fine but dr wants me to have a 24hr on - yes its bloody scary... we will be fine though hon...

you take care.

andrea x x (i will watch out for you on here)!!! x x

Vanilla Sky
21-03-10, 20:41
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

ectopicsufferer
23-03-10, 13:45
Hi Andrea

Thanks for that message, it is scary some days, just yesterday i was out of puff from running up some stairs ( am twice my weight which doesnt help ) and i got a big slamming one just as i was going into an interview which threw me off balance and kind of wrecked the whole thing although i do find out if i get the job tomorrow.

I just keep thinking of 2 things i have read on here and the web ....

its the heart sneezing or somewhere i have read that your heart has 2 drummers one that keeps the main beat going all the time and another that accompanies it, sometimes the other gets excited and beats an extra one but this never interferes with the main drummer who keeps on beating, everytime i get one i think that and atm i havent been too bad the last couple of days so that has deffo kept me going :)

thanks to all that have said hello xxxxxx

gary_2.0
27-03-10, 01:09
Welcome to NMP Amanda. I too suffer with anxiety and, what I generally refer to as, 'the funny heart beat thing'. I only get it occasionally though. The anxiety is the real problem, but thanks to the numerous people here at NMP, I'm making slow but steady progress. I hope you find it as useful as I have. :)

:welcome: