PDA

View Full Version : hello

davelee
22-03-10, 10:56
just started citalopram for panic attacks anxiety....10mg

been taking it for 8 days.....

i feel sick without actually wanting to be sick...
i fall asleep very easily but wake up at around 4am...
when i walk it feels as if my head is before my feet.....if that makes any sense at all....
when i wake in the mornings i have terrible hunger pains....
i seem to just want to stay in bed to

im so scared.

:weep:

martbarr
22-03-10, 11:24
just started citalopram for panic attacks anxiety....10mg

been taking it for 8 days.....

i feel sick without actually wanting to be sick...
i fall asleep very easily but wake up at around 4am...
when i walk it feels as if my head is before my feet.....if that makes any sense at all....
when i wake in the mornings i have terrible hunger pains....
i seem to just want to stay in bed to

im so scared.

:weep:

Hi Dave

This sounds about par for the course for 8 days in.
Please do not worry - it gets better very quickly from where you are at.
Within a fortnight you should be sleeping much better, and soon after that start to feel much better as well.

Do you have someone to talk with about how you feel as you go through the worst times?

Cheers
Martin

davelee
22-03-10, 11:29
not really,see the thing is i dnt feel sad or depressed i think that would be easyer for people to understand.....just like not locked in my body if that makes any sense. when i go out it feels like im walking on bubble rap then i get really scared and head becomes heavy......but is this the medication increasing my anxiety?? because i no its that. axiety.

thanks

david

martbarr
22-03-10, 11:39
not really,see the thing is i dnt feel sad or depressed i think that would be easyer for people to understand.....just like not locked in my body if that makes any sense. when i go out it feels like im walking on bubble rap then i get really scared and head becomes heavy......but is this the medication increasing my anxiety?? because i no its that. axiety.

thanks

david

Anxiety and panic is horrid, and you're in the right place to share with other people who feel the same.
I think you're experiencing side effects, as they can be quite hard to work though for a few days.
And around day 7 you get the full dose in your blood, so can take some getting used to.

All I can suggest is that you take it steady, and know that every day now should get a little better for you.

In my case I went back to DR at 8 days and asked for help with insomnia.
She gave me heavy duty sleeping pills, but I actually ended up taking Nytol as they were great for me and really helped.

The feeling like walking on bubble wrap - is that a new thing, or just since the pills?
I had that a fair bit before starting the pills, and feel a little better now 10 weeks in.

Keep on here and I'm sure others will be along to share with you as well.

cheers
Martin

davelee
22-03-10, 11:50
i had had the weird walking feeling before but very rarely but now its all the time even going round to the shop.....

jool5
22-03-10, 14:41
Hi Dave
I have been through exactly what you have been describing - twice. Then one day, probably in about 2 weeks or so, you will wake up and not feel anxious and you will feel great and want to do stuff - I promise. This bad bit will pass.

Jools x

JT69
22-03-10, 15:08
Hi Dave

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this. It is very common in the early stages of citalopram. It does increase anxiety initially but I promise it does pass. I remember when I took it I used to wake early too and could not get back off to sleep. I also had nausea like you have, this too will pass. I lost quite a bit of weight initially but it did come back on once the meds started to work and I got my appetite back etc.

Hang on in there, and it will all pass and you will start to benefit from taking the meds. When it is sucessfull citalopram is a brilliant medication even at low doses so you will get there.

Take care and good luck, keep letting us know how you are doing, there are lots on here taking that medication that can offer help and support to you.

JO.

davelee
22-03-10, 15:58
thank you to all,just gota carry on with it and be strong.

yvonne_uk_98
23-03-10, 00:50
Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear your not having a great time, this will pass, keep posting here. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Yvonne

davelee
23-03-10, 11:07
thank you,legs and co ordination seem a bit better today but still not sleeping :(

JT69
23-03-10, 14:50
Hi Dave

Have you spoken to your GP? He may be able to prescribe something like zopiclone to help you sleep, I also found I had trouble sleeping and this is what my GP gave me, it might help you until you lose the side effects of citalopram...it is a great medication but has annoying side effects.

Jo.

davelee
23-03-10, 15:13
i was thinking of taking something like nytol? i don't really want to start taking a sleeping tablet as well as this????

JT69
23-03-10, 15:59
Hi Dave,

If you do decide to take nytol check with the pharmacist that it wont intefere with the citalopram. Zopiclone would only be taken temporarily to enable you to get some sleep whilst suffering the side effects of citalopram. Take care. Jo.