PDA

View Full Version : Nasty cold and breathing problems

Jo3016
22-03-10, 15:59
Hi

I have a horrible virus/cold type thing - it started last FRiday with normal cold symptoms plus an excessive amount of sneezing and coughing. I ache and feel like I have no energy at all. My chest now feels very heavy and I have a nasty cough that hurts my throat and all the muscles in my chest. I feel like everything is muffled and I feel dizzy.

I often get wheezy when I have something like this and have to use an inhaler which I have been doing together with lemsips, honey and lemon, inhaling steam etc but it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

On top of it all, I keep panic breathing because I feel wheezy and can't take a full breath and my nose is blocked. This coming Saturday, I am going to a memorial party for a lovely dear friend of mine who passed away suddenly last September of asthma aged only 37. I keep thinking about how he must have felt and this makes my breathing even worse. I feel so rubbish and just want to feel better. I am just about holding it together anxiety-wise but I feel I am right on the edge.

Any advice?

skippy66
22-03-10, 19:00
Get a neti pot, it will clear your nose and help you breathe again.