PDA

View Full Version : More cons than pros?

fai
22-03-10, 19:39
Been taking 20mg of fluoxetine since September time (maybe earlier) I can't even remember now. I'm not sure whether they're causing more cons than pros for me. :weep:

At first they seemed to be doing a world of good but now I seem to be more depressed, I never have any energy I just lie about in bed all day and they're slowly ruining one of the only things keeping me happy - my relationship because they have totally destroyed my libido.

Wondering if anyone has experienced the same sort of thing or has anything to say on the matter. Doctors seem to be failing me at the moment.

x

KK77
22-03-10, 19:57
It sounds like you either need your dose increased or a change of antidepressant. 20mg is the usual dose but it can be increased up to 60mg.

Libido is a hard one because depression can lower it and so can meds. Usually, once the med settles and depression lifts libido will come back (though it may never be as high as it was).

As you say, these are all pros and cons and I would advise that you speak to your doctor about it. Make a double appointment so you don't feel rushed.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Kagey
29-03-10, 20:55
Did the same with me libido wise......i hated it, and with me it never came back till i stopped them, id try a bigger dose if they helped at first, they worked wonders for me except for that, as i had to increase my dose to 40mg....or try a different ssri , duoxtine ive tried and they were okay that way, but didnt seem to work mood wise, am now just started mirtazapine, only had for 5 days......so cant say anything ......good luck