PDA

View Full Version : Got a flu or is something more serious?

NatalieSmith
22-03-10, 21:22
Hello everyone :)
Since Friday, I've been experience this awful flu. My head hurts a lot, I have to blow my nose at every five seconds, coffing, feeling tired all the time... I know this might be just a common flu, but still I'm so scared about it! I think I have a little fever, but I took an aspirin and it seems to be going away.

But something in my head is telling me that is something worse! What if this flu is not normal? What if I develop pneumonia? I'm really scared about it, and if anyone could give me some reasurance, please do. I'm really nervous! :weep:

andrea thompson
22-03-10, 22:13
hiya

i had a flu / chest infection about four weeks ago. and like you i was worried sick was convinced i had lung cancer or i would develop pnuemonia or something horrible. i went to drs a couple of times and they said i could fight it on my own but on the third visit they gave me antibiotics cos confirmed infection.. as soon as i started the anti biotics i fealt better. and i am on the mend. you will be fine hon. you will get over this and start worrying aout something else soon.

i have a bad back today and i am thinking maybe kidney failure... seriously ... but i am telling myself it was heart failure last week, lung cancer the week before. it will be something new next week... arghhhhhh.

i need to get a grip - we just worrying about silly things because of our state of mind. lets just have a hot chocolate and plan what things we can d tomorrow to cheer ourselves up. i might cook a really nice tea for my little boy. (well try).

take care hon.

andrea x x

pussy cat
22-03-10, 22:21
hello natalie -it sounds as if you have a very bad cold - not flu at all - the cold virus & the flu virus are 2 completly different things-with flu the main symptoms are very bad acheing all over your body,high temprature,no energy & feeling really ill,the majority of the time there are no cold symptoms at all,try & take some cold relief meds every 4 hours-lemsips or paracetamol & some cough linctus,drink plenty of fluids,rest if you can & keep warm - you should start to feel better in a couple of days - they say that on average a cold is 3 days coming,3 days with you & 3 days going - good luck - you will soon be well again :yesyes::yesyes:

NatalieSmith
22-03-10, 22:49
Oh, thank you guys so much! I actually feel a lot better now :) I'm gonna try to get some distraction and rest a lot. :D

Andrea, I though I had a kidney failure last week too! But in the end I just had a back ache 'cause my bed is all messed up D: Our anxiety is really awful, everyday is another worry! But I hope you feel better, and a hot chocolate sounds reeeaaly nice right now :D

pussy cat, thank you for the information! It's so common for people to think that flu and cold are the same things; And when I went to "Dr. Google" to see what I had it just made me more scared! :weep:

But thank you guys a lot, I'm feeling really better now! :hugs: