PDA

View Full Version : hi, saying hello, new

danicali
22-03-10, 23:55
i posted to symptoms, but thought id introduce myself here. im 43, mum to a six year old boy. i left my ex husband over two years ago after realising he had a severe personality disorder and was subjecting me to psychological abuse on a daily basis. he got very, very vindictive after i left him, and one of his patterns, and i know cos he did this to his partner before me, is to feign victim and make us out to be the abusers, not himself. because he is so highly intelligent, speaks well, and has had so much bloody practice, he is able, sickeningly, to sway people like solicitors (including my own), mediators, judges, social workers, GPs, friends, teachers, you name it.

he even managed to find a group of women from some online support forum like father for justice or some other similar women hating site, to support him in his quest to try and get custody of our son even though i had been a full time stay at home doting mum since he was born, just out of spite, one of them advising him to get me psychologically evaluated, one, who has become his partner since, even wrote a 'witness' statment to the court even though she never met me (gold digger), which thankfully was ignored as the rubbish it was. meanwhile this woman has a public profile on flicker with several images of herself smashing mugs for fun. i do do my homework where my son is involved...

even though i got residency of my son, the hell this monster has put me through has brought my panic and anxiety back ten fold. he even found a female solicitor who adopted his own behvaviours to represent him... eg calling me abusive and lying saying i threatened her, etc... unbelievable what people will do to another human being. it can be a very, very nasty world sometimes.

so that's, in a nutshell, why im here. im a survivor. he tried to destroy me, crucify me, wreck me, make me give up. but it didnt work. i love my little boy too much and have fought like an animal to protect my son and myself, for the sake of my son. all attempts ive made to make him accountable for everything he's done or tried to do to me, all out of malice, have failed. he will never be made accountable. this is hard for me to deal with.

he has also managed to stop me from visiting home, which is in california, since 2007, by having wrongfully withheld my sons US passport (we are both dual nationals). so ive been going through all of this on my own, and have still not been able to sort out court orders to visit home with my son (the US embassy, stupidly, requires that he permit me to renew my sons passport without his permission, which he wont give, even though he's protected by a 28 day maximum law that forbids me to be out of UK for more than 28 days at any one time). i live in the uk with my little boy, and am effectively held to ransom here, in more ways than one.

my battle, or challenge, is to cope with all of this. to try to let go of the rage i have towards him for what he's put me through and continues to put me through. to stop letting him get to me. and to once again get on top of my anxiety, and control it rather than it control me. and to hopefully get to take my son to see his grandparents again before they die. x

diane07
23-03-10, 00:01
Hi danicali

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

hallam11
23-03-10, 12:23
Hello,

I would like to echo amieekid's statement. You sound like a very strong and courageous woman who has been through a lot but is still fighting! I like amieekid have grown up with a not so nice father who not long ago I tried to reconnect with but it ended really very badly where I was treated not so kindly but was blamed for it! I do know that it can feel like fighting a huge wall that just wont ever let you get a word back. It so frustrating and annoying and scares the hell out of me that I will turn out like that. If I say the slightest bad thing I get scared and worried I will turn out like him. Being aware of it and scared of it makes me slightly less worried as I feel this is enough to ensure I wont.

Anyway sorry to ramble on I just anted to say sorry you've had to go through this especially being on your own so if there is anything we can do on here even if its just an ear to talk to when you've had a bad day I hope you can turn to us.

Laura x