PDA

View Full Version : New to this

tora
23-03-10, 09:49
Hi,

This is my first post.

I have been coming to terms with my depression over the last few years. and have just recently gone on citalopram with mixed results.

I returned 7 months ago from a 12 month trip to South America and I rediscovered the real me. I was so happy, motivated, positive, slept well and just couldn't believe it. I went on the trip as I was really in a hole. I was depressed with my career, my girlfriend and basically everything. So we broke up and I took off.

When I returned we crossed paths again and starting seeing each other which was great until everything started happening again like ground hog day and eventually she had to let me go. I went on citalopram 20mg and it took 6 weeks to really kick in. But in between this time I mulled it over my relationship and felt positive and thought all I wanted to do was to spend the rest of my life with her and have a family so despite not having seen her for 2 months or spoken to her I took her to Paris and asked her to marry me and she said yes.

Again this was great then my pills kicked in and I felt like a normal person for a while. This was back in January and about 3-4 weeks ago with all this time on my hands (I am not working) I felt rough again. Tires all the time, really doubting my relationship, my situation, I felt really anxious, sad and slipped into a hole.

My Doctor increased my dosage to 40mg and I have been on that now for 2 weeks without any change. I am not sure how long it takes?

It is just so unfair on my fiance and it makes her sad and I just don't want her life to be tainted by my lows. I would rather let her go so she would be happy with someone else.

It is so frustrating because during my 12 months away I was on could nine.

Oh to just be normal.

diane07
23-03-10, 09:51
Hi tora

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes