PDA

View Full Version : First CBT session today...feels good!

3faces
13-01-06, 15:01
Sooooooo glad I've got my first session over with. Despite my worries about going, she was really nice and it felt surprisingly good to talk about things (despite the tears:()

Everything she said made sense and it feels nice to know I'm not going to be dwelling on all the reasons why I am the way I am but on how I can change things for the future.

Can't see her again until another two weeks because she is so busy but I have to keep a diary on what triggers my panic, my thoughts and symptoms. I'm really hopeful she can help me and I'm glad I didn't talk myself out of going which I have done with so many other things in life.

Thanks for listening.....take care all!;)

Jem xxx

Piglet
13-01-06, 15:19
That's a good start then Jem.

Look forward to regular updates :D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Zeusmoose
13-01-06, 15:57
Oh Jem, I am so pleased for you. I was thinking about you today and wondering how you were getting on.

You should be so proud of yourself for taking the massive step of going today. You are an inspiration to me and I hope I can be as brave as you on the 24th of this month when I see a Counsellor for the first time[Ugh]

I also hope I don't chicken out before then and am braver at going there than I am starting a new job (or not starting a new job/s as is the norm for me!)

Well done:)

Love Deb xx

pips
13-01-06, 16:40
Well Done Gem,

I'm so pleased for you and I'm so glad it helped. You did really well hun.

Take Care,

Love & Wishes

PIP'S X X X X

Karen
13-01-06, 18:34
Well done Jem. Glad it helped and you liked her. Don't worry about crying therapists are used to that.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

alexis
13-01-06, 18:50
Hi Jem, A very big well done, so glad things went oK for you. Hope you get a lot out of it. Take care.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Tomimo
13-01-06, 19:37
Well done Jem - what a positive first visit :)

Annie x x

nomorepanic
13-01-06, 21:19
Jem

I am glad your CBT went good as well as mine.

Let's see what we can both get from it ok and compare notes!

Nicola

Meg
13-01-06, 23:52
Jem ,

Glad you went and feel these are going to be of good benefit to you

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

3faces
14-01-06, 12:06
Thanks all for your kind replies:D

Just wanted to say it is strange when you start keeping a diary about your 'symptoms, triggers, thoughts'. So many little things can start the symptoms of panic and you may not realise it. I started getting shallow breathing this morning because I was waiting for the post to arrive. Thought I was going to get a nasty letter from the people I have recently let down over a job.

If I hadn't kept the diary, I would have just thought I'd woken up agitated and not thought about what was causing it.

It will be interesting to see how my diary comes along over a two week period - I hope I won't be too embarrassed to show the therapist!!!![?]

Jem xxx