PDA

View Full Version : Help

Typer
23-03-10, 11:02
For about a week the palps have been so bad, and yet the week before hardly any at all.

A few weeks ago, and again last night, I dropped off to sleep on the sofa. When I got up to get upstairs to bed, the palps came strong and non stop. They had me on my knees. This happened again last night and today they are so bad feel so, so ill

gypsywomen
23-03-10, 11:04
hi sorry to hear you feel so bad ,, i think when you got up from sleep and went upstairs this caused it i get the same, but always best to let docter know if they are not stopping to be on safe side maggiex

Typer
23-03-10, 18:20
Thanks. I did call my GP and arranged to see him on Friday. I wish could take propanolol or something - if only it did not make me wheeze. The thought of this being life long makes me feel like not living. Lets face it, its not living being like this

edwardthebear
23-03-10, 22:05
Sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time Typer. I find that Palps are cyclical. I have periods where I perhaps don't get so many, periods where I get a lot when I am not unduly worried by them and then of course periods where I get lots and they become a complete obsession and interfere with just about everything in my day to day existence.
I can sympathise with you because I have been having a particularly horrible time with them too recently. I blame heightened anxiety due to the massive upheaval in my life over the past eighteen months. The more anxious we are the more sensitised our bodies are too so it seems, so those flutters and thuds are more noticeable and disturbing than they would be otherwise.
Try and stay positive - I know it can be difficult. Explain to your GP just how miserable these things are making you. Perhaps he can prescribe an alternative to propanolol which won't have the side effect of wheeziness.
Take care.

TracyL
24-03-10, 01:43
Hi Typer

As you know from the thread I posted I know exactly where you're coming from. I too am going through a bad time with them. I have had them virtually non stop now for a week. They are particularly bad at night and when I get into bed. I have them really bad as I'm writing this thread. I have had all the tests, echo's and had a 24 hour monitor in Nov (this would be about my 7th one i'd say). All came out ok. The cardio guy said he could see that I suffer ectopics etc but that they are harmless. I was thinking to myself this morning that mine arn't going to get any less until I stop worrying about them but how on earth can a person do that, they are horrid.

Try to relax (easier said than done). I have just bought some grape juice as I read on a thread here that it had helped them with these horrid things so I'm going to give it a go. Oh and I do take Inderal (propronalol). They do make me cough a bit. Sometimes they help with these horrid beats, other days not.

Take care
Tracy

Typer
24-03-10, 13:02
I wish I could take something when they are so bad.

Edward I do so agree, they are worse with stress. My life is full of it and in a way, paradoxically these are because of, but also the cause of stress. Its hard to sort out all the other situations when they do become the focus of everything. How can one do much when its so disabling.

Tracy, let me know how you get on with the grape juice. It's red grape juice and not si good for some other medical condition I have.

I am waiting for my homeopath to send me a pill she thinks may help. After that I will start the taurine

edwardthebear
24-03-10, 16:34
I have just bought some purple grape juice myself, it has got to that stage where I am willing to try just about anything. Typer let me know how you get on with the Taurine, that is something I have not yet tried. I know lots of energy drinks have it in but they are usually full of caffeine as well so that is probably defeating the object.
Can I ask you Typer, do you suffer from GI disturbance of any sort ? I am suffering terribly from a bloated stomach at the moment, I have had problems with it before but it has come and gone, but now I have had the bloody thing for weeks and it just won't go.
My worst periods of Palps, ectopics call them what you will are always tied in with this bloating. One without the other is unpleasant enough but combined they are almost unbearable. I am still undergoing tests to try and get to the root of my problems but nothing conclusive has shown up so far.
I long for the days when I could eat whatever I wanted and go where ever I liked and didn't have to worry.

Typer
24-03-10, 19:00
Edward...I long for that too.

This is how it all began for me...the stomach I think.

Yes I had bloating and stomach disturbances - sometimes I would visit the loo all day, other times not for days. I had terrible bloating as though I were retaining too much air. I remember thinking if I stuck a needle in my tum, it would pop.

Then came the bad palps. Recently if I eat after about 8 to 8.30 PM, I get terrible heart burn as well. Never had that in my life before apart from when I was pregnant with my son 30 years ago.

I wanted to add something about the fear and the feeling when they are bad of being obsessed. Today I have had just a few light thuds...no reason I can think of...nothing different than yesterday when they were so bad I wanted to run away from my own body.

...anyway, today hardly anything (so far...dont tempt fate ha ha!). I decided to start my exercise regime and walked for about 35 minutes. I stopped to look in a shop window and felt an almighty thud, followed by a panic. I was scared...and disappointment was rolled in with that. So, the fear came instinctively even before i could think and I thought, hmmm, this fear is normal in a way, it's what the body does when it feels under threat...it gets ready to fly or fight.

I guess what I want to work on, and so far have been unsuccessful, is to not continue that fear. This is hard because we fear bad days, runs of these beats, feeling dizzy and worse, feeling it might be lifer long...that I find torturous.

I do know someone who had them for a few weeks after a bereavement and once she felt better they went. She says she gets one now and then, but hardly ever unless she is sick or something

TracyL
01-04-10, 06:09
Well Typer

I gave the grapefruit juice a go. I have to say i reckon it did help somewhat! I'm loathe to say that in case I jinx it but it did seem to make some difference. I might get some more and carry on with it for a few weeks and see what happens. Give it a try if you're able.

Take care
Tracy