PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Newbie here!

StressedRunner
23-03-10, 15:27
Hi All, I'm Nat and have just found this site. I have been suffering from dreadful health anxiety since January. I had a (luckily, benign) breast lump and since then have had a chest condition, strange bruises (all diagnosed as true physical but not worrying) and now have some lumps (diagnosed as benign lipomas) on my back.

Real symptoms, but unreal panic. Chest = heart attack, bruises = blood C (can't type the word) and now even though have had full medical and Dr says lumps are benign I am panicking that they are wrong :-(

Typical of the info on this site, I research for hours on google convincing myself I am the one with the rare disease. I get the tingling legs, nausea, palpitations, hot and dizzy and worst of all the 'tight throat' associated with extreme anxiety.

Thanks for listening (if you got this far, I salute and thank you!) It helps to know I am not alone.

x

diane07
23-03-10, 15:31
Hi StressedRunner

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

ectopicsufferer
23-03-10, 16:02
Hi Nat

I really feel for what ure going thru im also one of them that google just about everything and by the end of it half the time with the symptoms i seem to have the result would be just about terminal everything!!!
try and stay away from the googling and just come on here and look for support instead it is amazing what the body can make you feel and show when ure under stress and anxiety and things you wouldnt believe can be caused by anxiety and stress actually are.
i made a rule to myself that i wouldnt google anything for at least a month relating to health and so far i have behaved and to be honest since joining here i havent even thought about googling anything as i just sit and read all the posts on here instead.
i hope ure ok and there is light at the end of the tunnel for all of us :hugs:

Amanda xxxx

Veronica H
24-03-10, 00:20
:welcome:to NMP Nat. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax