PDA

View Full Version : diagnosis at last for ONE thing - petrified of medication though

lindajane1971
23-03-10, 15:53
Hi everyone

my symptoms - ectopic beats, adrenaline rushes in chest, nausea, anxiety, dizziness

Just as i thought i was improving..................this last week ive had hardly any adrenaline rushes, only a few ectopic beats and was smiling a lot more and then this morning while making my morning cuppa......bang.......severe dizziness, felt like i was on a boat or had come off a roundabout or something, lasted about 20 seconds.
I had an appointment with the doctor this morning anyway but that was an hour away however i panicked and went immediately to the surgery and just sat in the waiting room 50 minutes until my appointment.

Doctor says the dizziness is probably a inner ear problem and has given me PROCHLORPERAZINE BP 5mg 3 times a day. However just opened the packet and see straight away "there have been rare reports of sudden death with prochlorperazine. these are possibly caused by heart problems" Well thats it......i just cant take them, there is NO way on this earth im taking anything that says sudden death on it, i logically know that the drugs company has to put on every single possible side effect but omg this is just too much for me to cope with. It dont matter what anyone says i am not taking these tablets.
Does anyone have vertigo or inner ear probs and found anything non medincinal to help????????

he also asked how i was getting on with citolpram 10mg that i was prescribed two months ago, and i had to admit i aint taken any as i just cant face heighteneing my current symptoms. He was quiet angry, not with me he said just with the way side effects were printed on medications, i know deep down i need to take this medication but i just am too terrified to take one. He said that the most common thing patients came back to him with was nausea and vivid dreams which usually settle after a few days and he said that he wasnt just saying that to pacify me, he really thinks that i would benefit from them as he could see since he last seen me that my anxiety had escallated quite a bit.

I thought i would be clever and thought if i got to the root of my anxiety then i wouldnt need to take meds for it which i thought would just mask the problem and not cure it! Its not working!

I just dont know what to do :wacko:

ectopicsufferer
23-03-10, 16:17
Hi Linda

I have taken the medication for the inner ear problem PROCHLORPERAZINE BP 5mg 3 times a day and it was absolutely fine honest !!!
I am also on Citalopram 10mg a day and i have posted elsewhere to say that i take them at night before i go to bed so that any of the initial side effects that MAY come with these tablets, well they will happen when im sleeping :)

Please try the stuff for the ear cos i too was suffering like you and it made such a difference also with citalopram, it takes the edge off everything and just makes things a bit easier.

let me know how you get on if you would like to and feel free to email / contact me :flowers:

Amanda xxx

lindajane1971
23-03-10, 21:19
Thanks Amanda for the reply and reasurance on the proch.......cant b botherd trying to write it again!
I am still petrified to take them, i think i may phone and get another app to see if i can get an alternative, i know they will probly be ok but its just scaring me so much i just cant take them xx:scared15: