PDA

View Full Version : Told today i have HA :( I shall start my log xx

carli
23-03-10, 18:08
Hi all, had my assessment for counserling today and the lady told me i have severe HA and that i will require a long term talking therepy. I was a total fool, crying and everything in there, i just could not help it. SHe asked how often i think about about it and i said that i wake up and for 1 second im happy untill i realise im me and start constantly thinking about all the bad things that are gonna happen to me. So ive started the rd to recovery and i shall log it here for anyone that may find it useful. xxxxxx

hallam11
23-03-10, 20:04
Hi Carli,

Im glad that you've had this discovery and that someone has recognised it in you and you have planned your recovery! Good Luck and Take care xx

sarahsarah
23-03-10, 20:15
How brave of you to seek and accept help, Carli. You're half-way there already. The thought of telling anyone about my fears fills me with more dread that the HA itself, so good on you.

I hope you will keep us updated as to how it is going. xx

Carys
23-03-10, 20:24
Oh Carli, poor you, I hadn't realised how much of each day you felt destroyed by your HA. This is the start though, the start of the change in your life and I send my Best Wishes for a quick and successful journey !

carli
24-03-10, 14:07
Thanks guys, i shall keep a log of it all and hope that i may be able to help others feel at ease by reading my log. It isnt easy and each day is a constant struggle but the help and support you guys have given me has been a great help and i could never thank you all enough. xxxxx

carli
24-03-10, 14:25
Well today is the first day that i start my homework given to me by my counseller. I have to find myself a chair and call it my worry chair and im not aloud to worry all day untill its my time to sit in the chair. I am gonna do my worry chair at 8pm when i have put my son to bed and im going to worry my socks off,lol. I have worried slightly on and off but i keep telling myself to save it for the worry chair. I will let you all know how i get on. xxxxx

blackberry1972
24-03-10, 14:33
Well today is the first day that i start my homework given to me by my counseller. I have to find myself a chair and call it my worry chair and im not aloud to worry all day untill its my time to sit in the chair. I am gonna do my worry chair at 8pm when i have put my son to bed and im going to worry my socks off,lol. I have worried slightly on and off but i keep telling myself to save it for the worry chair. I will let you all know how i get on. xxxxx

That sounds like a similar technique my counselor taught me where she said I should only allow myself 5 minutes a day to think about the Anxiety
I did get to a point where I put off thinking about it until eventually I didn’t think about it for days at a time.
I’m slightly up and down at the moment due to work issues but hopefully I will get there as I’m sure you will.
All the best

carli
24-03-10, 14:34
Thanks blackberry. Time is a healer and i think im on the right road now. Hope all at work works out ok for you. xx

KK77
24-03-10, 16:16
Glad you started this thread Carli. You can get better. The fact that you're trying so hard to overcome this will, I'm sure, get you firmly on the road to recovery.

Good luck!

carli
24-03-10, 16:52
Thanks hun xx