PDA

View Full Version : Beware of virus on Facebook

xBettyBoopx
23-03-10, 18:47
For those who have a facebook account, please beware of a virus:

MESSAGES APPEARING TO COME FROM FRIENDS ON YOUR FACEBOOK AND MY SPACE DIRECT YOU TO VIEW A VIDEO ON YOU TUBE DO NOT CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW ,IT IS A VIRUS AND WILL TAKE YOUR PERSONAL INFO AND WILL SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER .
YOUR FRIENDS DID NOT SEND IT!!!
According to Snopes it will take you to a fake you tube site and ask you to install an Adobe Flash plug-in to view the video. That's when it downloads the virus. Here's the link to Snopes.

YOU CAN READ ABOUT IT HERE

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/youtube.asp

THERE IS A VIRUS SPREADING LIKE WILDFIRE ON FACEBOOK. SNOPES JUST CONFIRMED. IT IS A TROJAN WORM VIRUS. IT WILL STEAL INFO, INFEST YOUR SYSTEM AND SHUT IT DOWN. DO NOT OPEN THE LINK.

Els
xxx

sb001f8994
23-03-10, 19:42
Thanks Elspeth,
My pc got a very nasty virus from facebook a couple of months ago and that was from a link. I didnt even open it, I just tried to delete it.
There is also a virus on facebook that asks you to reset you details, this is not genuine either, so please everyone beware.

bottleblond
23-03-10, 20:28
Thankyou Els, I'll be very carefull not to open any links. :flowers:

Lisa
x

Liliana83
24-03-10, 21:36
Thank you so much! I have spread the word!

sarah jayne
24-03-10, 22:13
it happened 2 me last week, a got loads of messages last week from a friend and she hadnt even sent them. Ive had 2 delete her from my friend list to stop them coming.

Liliana83
25-03-10, 13:34
That is why I don't click on any unusual links friends post on my wall..those ''see what they said'' quizzes are phishing scams too!