PDA

View Full Version : Lightheaded and scared

cthechick84
23-03-10, 18:56
hello everyone

Well im expericing yet another frightner feel lightheaded not just wen i move either,it gets worse wen i move quick or rush but my head feels heavy an like it will fall off my shoulders too,very starry like i cannot take my eyes off things i go into a trance with everythnk i luk at struggle to take my eyes off things which is weird feeling,i am jus so fed up of being scared and jus dnt no what to do not sure if my medication is doing this either what can i do? im gna ave to go to my doctors to get them to check my ears etc to see what dizzyness is frm but i think it cud b from the beta blocker that ive been taking for 4 weeks today but im sure it shud of gone by now but it hasnt?! hy havent i stopped feeling lightheaded ...do u think it cud b my blood pressure dropping as my blood pressure is usually 110/60/70 so it cud sending it lower right? never this bad with feeling lightheaded anythink i can do to make it feel better?i also started taking prozac 20mg yesterday so thaat cud b makin it worse but i doubt it bcos it started b4 taking that .hate feeling so wobbly on my feet too jus dnt wana do anythnk an thats not good jus dnt wana fall over or anythink happen to me!!im eating and drinking ok so its not that whats wrong with me?im soo scared of all this :( :unsure: sorry for going on love c.xx

Straw Jacket
23-03-10, 19:14
hiya, I ecperienced similar side effects when I started taking prozac, I am sure you will be okay. Have you tried any type of breathing excercise? I find this helpful... if you breath slowly through your nose from your stomach, exhale through your mouth but pause for a few seconds during the exhale and then continue the exhale, it works quite well..rinse and repeat until the dizziness has eased up.

Hope this helps

Jannie2948
23-03-10, 19:14
Hi there, so sorry you're feeling this bad. I know just what you mean about the dizzy/lightheaded feeling, am having exactly that now. I'm on citalopram 40mg and have been for about 4 months, raised to 40mg after 3 months. Generally feel much better from my anxiety/panic but still get this lightheaded feeling and, just like you, it scares the hell out of me. I had to go to the hairdressers tonight and felt horrible in there, quick hair cut and out! I too used to take beta blockers because I was first diagnosed with high blood pressure, but they made me feel worse so then went on another beta blocker, no good on that either so here I am on citalopram and generally they are working. Feel much better than I did 4 months ago apart from this lightheaded/dizzy feeling.

I'm sure it is nothing to worry about, but that is easy to say, because when you have it you are so scared. This blooming anxiety/panic has a lot to answer for!!

I do hope you will soon be feeling better, it might be your blood pressure dropping too low, because that is what beta blockers do, if you still feel so bad perhaps you should go back to your Dr and let him know what is happening. Maybe you need a different med.

All the best to you

Jannie x x

Jannie2948
23-03-10, 19:15
Ditto to what Straw Jacket says about the breathing, I try this, found a good one on youtube to follow. It does help, give it a go :-)

Jannie x x

cthechick84
23-03-10, 19:27
Thanks both ive been on prozac before and didnt make me dizzy then plus ive had this lightheaded ness b4 i started taking them so i reckon its my blood pressure so will go bk to the docs tmoro an get them check my bp an think i may stop taking these beta blockers with doctors permisson becos there not helping the anx or the panic jus stops my heart frm racing which is ace but cnt take feeling lightheaded it sends me into a panic anyway.ive got a headache frm the prozac like i got for the first week b4 wen i was on them,jus hoping it will stop soon im gna stay led down all night i think .thanks very much for ur replies means alot im tryin breathin exercises on mp3s to try an relax an learn how to breath properly becos i struggle with my breathing just lately .best wishes love c.xxx

Klinsmann01
23-07-14, 11:32
Hello my friend - cuddles and warmth from me to you.

Let me suggest you do two things:

1) Avoid medication - too many side effects
2) Rushing to do things contribute to lightheaded feelings

The reason for this:

- your nervous system is over sensitive at present and so when you
are rushing into things it stimulates more negative chemicals that lead to
your symptoms

- you seem to be anticipating further lightheaded attacks thus your
brain is sending these signals to your nerves.

Basically, your body is going through a cocktail of negative chemicals
and until we wash them away your symptoms will persist.

Try:

Relaxation exercises; deep breathing & muscle exercise to relieve tension.

Regards

Gobinder