PDA

View Full Version : Headache - shooting pains

scorpionwhispers
23-03-10, 21:28
Hi,

All day (in particular) I have had like a pressure feeling on both my temples. Now I have shooting pains up my left temple, across the top of my head and throbbing pains. They can be sharp and sudden or almost like a horrible pulsating. I am really scared and each time I have a pain I think it is something terrible and then panic more...please please please help me :(

What's going on? Should I worry?

NeverRelaxed
23-03-10, 22:16
Getting pains in my head too. pressure around temple and back of head. shooting pains..sudden pains in head that stay for a few mins then leave. all anx. I had a brain scan in december..asked my doc if there was a chance anything could have changed today when I saw her, she said chances are almost non existant.

its all anx.

Carys
23-03-10, 22:33
If you place your fingers on the temple and clench your jaw tight, you will actually feel the muscles contracting across from your ear, across your temple area and right into the forehead. Imagine that you had been tense and kept those muscles taught for hours from anxiety, along with your neck muscles and other facial muscles. You are going to get pain, pressure and odd referred pain sensations in your head/scalp. Personally I usually get the pain after the muscles are relaxed, and I am no longer stressed, but there have been times when I have felt a shooting pains across a temple and realise that I am tensing my face and jaw. Why don't you try lying down in a relaxing position and gently but firmly smoothing your hands over your face, temples, across cheek bones etc. to try and relax the muscles ?

sarah jayne
24-03-10, 13:02
I had awful headaches and pains like you describe for 7 months and was worried sick, i was terrified it was something serious. Im glad to say they have now gone, i thought they were never going to go...it was all due to anxiety ! I found various things helpful like rubbing tiger balm on your temples, using heat around my neck etc. I hope you feel better soon xxx