PDA

View Full Version : health anx out of control.

louise0501
23-03-10, 21:54
Hey

Today my health anx has been pretty bad. I now have a headache and a bit of dizziness and i'm all panicky and thinking i might have a brain tumour again. My sis and mum were talking about brain tumours earlier and the symptoms so it was already on my mind and now i feel like this.

It's ruining my life. Any ideas about all this? any advice?

please reply
Love Louise

j2
24-03-10, 01:34
It sounds like you already know this is HA and that you are focusing on brain tumour only because you overheard conversations. I wish I had the answer and I wish I could fix both of us but all I can do is tell you I feel your pain and I am here to listen.

Good luck.

skylar
24-03-10, 05:46
Im with u on the HA. all we can do is try not to let it take over our lives or else we will miss out on so much of life. if u ever want to talk about it please send me a message

cornishmaid
24-03-10, 07:11
im exactly the same ,most mornings i get out of bed ,im trying to get my sons sorted for school and all i can think about are health issue,blood pressure,pulse rate, etc if anyone talks about an illness im focussed on that for ages ,i to have better days and really bad days whn i just want to shut myself away upstairs ,hope u have a better day today ,i dont even buy any magazines anymore cos im scared of what i read ,

Gabi_B
24-03-10, 09:30
I know what you are going through...

There were days when i was like you, i would see something on TV or hear something on the radio and as soon as i felt a pain i would automatically think that it was a terminal illness.... HA is very naughty that way.

Something all HA suffers forgot is that termial illness's are powerful and will make you very ill. My method of coping is that if the symptoms have gone within a few hours it is unlikely to be anything terminal. So i 'box off' the worrying time i allow myself to do, that way it doesn't take over my life. Terminal illness only get better with intensive treatment and will not just dissapear on their own. Remember the reason these stories make the headlines is because there is the shock factor - we do not hear about joe bloggs getting ill and then making a full recovery, that isn't news.

There is still a part of me that will think i have a brain tumor when i get a headache but i try to realise i am getting headaches because i am tense and if i worry about having a headache it will only get worse!!

If you want to pm me feel free.

:hugs:for you