PDA

View Full Version : Hi im new :)

amyamy2010
24-03-10, 03:10
Hi im amy i recently suffered anxiety and intrusive thoughts im seeing a phychologyst about this but i keep worrying and cant stop first it started with ...Worrying that i am ill/dying , hurting or killing someone and now im scared of developing schizoprenia i dont hear voices but it is like i am thinking of them if that makes sense im not sure if its anxiety again or negative thoughts i just keep looking for answers i wish i could stop worrying one thing after the other!! I have just gone confused again when i get anxious and need answers i just hope im not developing a serious mental illness!

any advice would be appreciated x

diane07
24-03-10, 03:14
Hi amyamy2010

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Straw Jacket
24-03-10, 08:10
Hi amy, sorry to hear you are having a horrible time. You are not alone though and it is important to realise this. I have had all the worries you describe also, however I discovered something recently which helps. The fact that you are actually aware of yourself thinking this way i.e hurting/killing someone and developing schizoprenia means that you are NOT crazy. People who are actually crazy do not know it!

I find that knowing that helps me through a lot of my negativethinking.

Hope it helps you a little

All the best

Jstc198
24-03-10, 08:40
hi amy, like you i am new.

i used to worry/ worry about going crazy but you wont, i promise...its just that you are worrying and fearing the worst, then you focus on that and cant let go of that thought.

this disease is managable, its all about trying to relax and managing it

amyamy2010
24-03-10, 15:23
Thanks alot this is helpful :)

I get scared when people say schizoprenics say they hear "voices" i am not hearing anything like if another person is talking to me but i begin to think negative voice but they are my own it only happens when i think or focus on it...Im not sure if this is self talk.

Im basically scared stiff of developing a mental illness :(

hallam11
24-03-10, 15:36
Amy, this not schzophrenia! I have all of these thoughts too. I have had them for 5 years and because of this they have gotten worse. Firstly the reason you have not got schizophrenia is because they have people actually talking in their head like really talking. I know what you are talking about in terms of self talk.These are thoughts, sometimes we can have vivid images but what you are thinking are just thoughts! Negative thoughts are just like verbal questions etc. I have this all the time and its me just questioning myself.Yes its in a negative manner because thats anxiety and I know how you feel because I feel the same although its always easier to see that someone else is just dealing with anxiety and not ourselves!

You are right in getting help though! Keep strong! xx

amyamy2010
24-03-10, 15:47
Thanks alot i just find this started when i got anxious again im just scared to talk to my phychologyst about this because its hard to put it in words...but these are my own thoughts but what happens is...i think of something positive like "i love my family" and a negative voice goes "no you dont you want them to die" i wonder if this is normal?
xxx

hallam11
24-03-10, 16:00
I have those exact same thoughts. I will be in a cycle and think I can't be someone who wants to hurt someone because I love my mum and my sister and then I will think "No you don't etc etc" See I feel exactly the same and get really scared like yourself. I am going back to see my dr next week and hope they will refer me to see someone but I really think that its anxiety and intrusive thoughts.
Speak to your psychologist because otherwise this will continue to go around your head and drive you up the walls. They have heard pretty much everything, when I first went to see my counsellor I thought they would send me away and lock me up and she didn't even blink! Trust me, speak about it.Once you do this you can start to feel better xxxx

amyamy2010
24-03-10, 16:30
Wow SNAP! thats exactly what im going through its like a bad negative voice ! But im just worried to tell my mum because she suffers from anxiety and will get worried im going to tell me phychologyst when i get the chance i am also seeing a phychiatrist. Same here nothing they never get shocked good luck on seeing your doctor if you need to talk message me and thanks so much for your help! xx