PDA

View Full Version : is this ocd or just anxiety?

chili2424
24-03-10, 04:05
Hi, quick question for all you ocd sufferers.

This usually happens during night time only but I have OBSESSIVE thoughts and I can't them out of my head. The thoughts mainly include what I did during the day and mainly come from interactions. As in I had a played a video game earlier for just an hour and then just before falling asleep I think that I'm still playing it and theres almost no way to stop this. I keep thinking I am playing it and everytime I close my eyes the same thing. Its so hard to fall asleep cause of these obsessive thoughts. So would this be considered ocd or anxiety?

Maj
24-03-10, 10:03
I think it's probably anxiety, but it really doesn't sound too much of a problem because I'm sure lots of people go over the day's events in their mind - I know I do! I wouldn't put too much importance on it. I think when we are anxious we tend to go over and over conversations we had and wished we had said or done things differently, probably because of a lack of self-esteem. Try not to worry about it too much.
Myra x

KK77
24-03-10, 14:05
I would think it's anxiety playing up too. Sometimes it causes an over-active, racing mind but people that don't necessarily suffer with anxiety can also get this. I wouldn't think playing video games would help before you go to bed either. Choose to do something more relaxing like reading a book or listening to some chilled out music.

PoppyC
24-03-10, 20:36
I agree with the other replies.
I think it probaby is anxiety but I don't know for sure obviously. Video games will stimulate your brain - like Melancholia says, what about reading or listening to music?
Before I fall asleep and sometimes if I wake during the night, which is quite often, all sorts of thoughts about the days events and other events go racing through my head, almost manically.
I know it is easier said than done but try as hard as possible to relax about it all and just pass it off, how you are feeling. Don't give it much attention.
:hugs:

chili2424
24-03-10, 22:55
Yeah its probably more anxiety-related. It's just some night my brain won't turn off and whatever I do it keeps thinking and thinking. Hope it goes away soon