PDA

View Full Version : Hello forum, I'm new.

Luna
24-03-10, 07:09
Hello everyone.

Started having panic attacks 5 weeks ago. I was having up to four panic attacks a night, making it very difficult to sleep. I've stopped having full-blown attacks and now I wake up with a racing heartbeat and lots of worries.

I am having relationship difficulties which don't help me stop over thinking!

The positive side of the panic attacks is I now see I've been having problems with anxiety for a long time. I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome 17 years ago. I'm not sure if all of the problems I had with CFS are anxiety based or if I've got CFS and anxiety, but didn't know it because I blamed all my problems on CFS.

I hope my new insight can help me get better.

The strange part of this was I didn't know my thinking was so disordered. But now I understand it explains a lot, like why I've become so reclusive.

I look forward to meeting everyone here. Hello!

diane07
24-03-10, 07:15
Hi Luna

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

JoE.Greene
24-03-10, 07:56
Hello Forum

My anxiety started just recently after my tour from afghanistan. So some of it might be related to PTSD. I've been dealing with it for about 2 years and I sick of the medications that do nothing, but mask my underlying problems.

Problems with my relationships have gone awry, to the point where I begin to suffocate as soon as she is behind me.

My therapist said that its better to communicate with those who are also dealing with the same situations. As they can give you advice on how to adapt their daily living to anxiety.

So I look forward to everyones insight.

Best wishes.

Luna
24-03-10, 08:45
Hello Diane.

Joe, that sounds really bad. I'm sorry it's had such an effect on your life. Did your relationship problems start before the anxiety or after?

I've had problems relating to any body for some time including my husband, but things got more serious about a month ago and I was considering leaving. Luckly, the panic attacks took over from plans to move out because since then we've been getting on a lot better. I do love him, it's just taken a lot of working out. So difficult to do with all the horrid panicky thoughts.

I hope you relationship gets better.