PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Brain infection from dirty Cotton Swab?

manboy
24-03-10, 11:18
When I was about to clean my ears with a q-tip, I accidently dropped it and for some reason I decided to clean my ears with it anyway. I pushed it a little too far down the ear and the cotton swab touched my eardrum (but I don't THINK that I ruptured it, it doesn't hurt), what are the chances that I could get a brain infection like this?

Maj
24-03-10, 11:28
If it doesn't hurt then it doesn't sound as though you've done any harm. No, I don't think there's any remote chance of a brain infection from this so please don't worry. I would imagine that a brain infection would come from a more intricate problem. Also, lots of people clean there ears with cotton buds (I can't bear to watch them!) and they are okay.
Myra x

Rachel W
25-03-10, 01:18
I doubt that you would get an infection from that at all, but if for some very strange reason that you did, then the infection would be in your ear. And you would know this as ear infections are extremely painful (can't sleep and crying painful). So if you are not up all night with severe pain and tenderness over the next two or three days then you are fine! You WILL be fine.

julieannboo
25-03-10, 10:36
chances are 0% of catching a brain infection from a swab

Carys
25-03-10, 12:00
No chance AT ALL.