PDA

View Full Version : Hi - I'm new too

Gilliebean
24-03-10, 12:23
Hi everyone. I'm a Reiki healer - great at giving - but not very good at asking for help. I have had various bouts of depression since my first son was born 40 years ago. They seem to come very unexpectedly.
I suffer panic attacks ranging from little to chronic where I just have to run away from the cause . This time however, I have dropped so low that I've had those really dark thoughts you just cant talk to anyone about. I dont want to talk to anyone or go anywhere other than to the sea. I manage to pick myself up eventually, and am just beginning to take my first steps forward and upward.
Isn't it funny how you can talk to people about physical illness - but the word 'mental' you just cant talk about!

diane07
24-03-10, 12:27
Hi Gilliebean

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

GlennCahill
24-03-10, 12:35
Hi Everyone,

Im new to this site and came here looking for reassurance and support...

I hope you are all well and look forward to conversing with others :)

Glenn

JT69
24-03-10, 17:02
Hi,

Sorry that you are feeling as low as you are. You have come to the right place where please dont be afraid to open up on here as we are all the same and totally understand. It really helps to talk to people in the same boat as you and to know they truely understand what is going on in your mind.

It is a fantastic forum with lots of information on too.

Hope you find peace and feel better soon.

Jo.