PDA

View Full Version : New to NMP!

GlennCahill
24-03-10, 13:00
Hi Everyone,

I am new here to NMP and am in need of people who understand where I am coming from.

I am 23 years old (well on April 7th ill be 23) and have a great girlfriend called Amanda. We've been together for 2 and a half years (3 years in September)

My problem is that i feel my anxiety and no self-esteem is pushing us further apart and understandably she doesn't understand fully how I feel nor how all these feelings come about. I can talk to her about anything and everything but her lack of understanding makes it hard.

It's literally crippling my life bcoz i dont want to lose her but I fear that I might if I dont fix this problem...

Hope everyone is good and thanks for taking the time to read my entry

Glenn

nomorepanic
24-03-10, 13:04
Hi GlennCahill

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

nanny
24-03-10, 14:06
Hi
:welcome: to NMP

I'm sure you will get some answers that you need from people who have been where you are.
There's lots of advice going about the board and friendly people about who will make you feel welcome:)

JT69
24-03-10, 17:09
Hi Glenn,

Sorry you are feeling as you do and your girlfriend does not really understand you. It is difficult when people dont actually suffer as we do to know how we are feeling if that makes sense. They just think we should pull ourselves together and dont know that we just wish we could but cant do that.

Have you tried showing your girlfriend some of the threads on here? Are you having any councelling or therapy with regards to your illness. You have been together for quite a while so she must love you to stay with you. Perhaps if she can see that you are taking steps to help yourself she might feel better about it?

I know it is hard and I hope that you can find help to resolve this.

Take care

Jo.