PDA

View Full Version : Anybody had Pancreaitis

kate1
24-03-10, 13:03
For a few days now, I have had a pain in the upper abdomen, that seems to shift itself under the ribs and in different places. I have to be honest as I will only have myself to blame, I do drink too much - and have done for too long. I have had something similar to this a couple of years ago, but more in the lower stomach - had tests, scan, and the original doctor I had in France said from the offset it was muscular. The only thing I notice, is that when I get stressed out, it flares up. My brother has had pancreaitis, sounds similar to the symptoms that he had. Just wondered if anybody else had experienced this?? Nurse tomorrow. I also thought maybe IBS? Yes have googled it, but my ever thinking partner said, why dont you google tapeworm and many other problems, and look at the symptons!!!!!

allyp82
24-03-10, 13:32
Dear Kate,

I have not had Pancreatitis, but i am also worried that I have it now, for the same reson as you and the similar symptoms. I am worried about chronic pancreatitis, as i know if you have acute pancreatitis you would be in hospital with agony, which i am not.

Did your brother have acute pancreatitis? or does he have chronic?

I get the rib pains in front and bac. However, I have had several tests and the drs have said i just have IBS/nervous stomach. But i'm still worried!

If you don't mind me asking - how much do you/have you drank and how long for?

I also feel bad because it would be my own stupid fault!

Thinking of you - i know what you're going through x

allyp82
24-03-10, 13:32
p.s meant to say that my pains get worse when i'm stressed too

gypsywomen
24-03-10, 13:39
if you had it you would be in terrible pain unbearable,,yellowing of the eyes, and skin sickness constant blood tests can rule it out so dont worrysounds like ibs

kate1
24-03-10, 13:47
Thanks for the replies.

My brother had acute, was in hosp for a couple of weeks. He was in pain before he went in.

jessieblue
28-03-10, 23:38
Hi, I am suffering with this too at the moment. Last week have had pain, not severe, but uncomfortable and unnerving, uner ribs, left side and in the middle and through to my back. I was worried it was pancreatic cancer or oesophageal cancer, very scared but worried about seeing doc as I know I will be sent for endoscopy. I am emetophobic so can't do that!

My pain is stinging/burning type and gets worse the more I worry. Seems less when I am properly distracted or asleep. Could this really be nervous pain??

smpomeroy
28-03-10, 23:49
Hi guys - doesnt it sound like the same symptoms of stress related indigestion that people have described on here? try not to worry I also get it and I dont have pancreatitis.

countrygirl
29-03-10, 14:42
I was in hospital with two different women who both came in with pancreatis - one due a gallstone blockage and one due to alcohol and boy were they both very very sick - they were both yellow and being constantly sick even though they coulnd't eat and it was nasty green stuff and in terrible pain so for acute pancreatis its obvious something is very very wrong.