PDA

View Full Version : North East meet ups

linis
24-03-10, 13:03
Hi. Anyone from the North East of England fancy having a meet up. Nutters only lol.

challangerchris
24-03-10, 22:04
I qualify!! Where/when?

RubyW
26-03-10, 18:16
whereabouts in the North East?

Oddfish
19-05-10, 11:33
I'd be interested. In Newcastle?

Captain
20-05-10, 00:09
Also interested

vicky23
01-06-10, 16:11
hi I love the idea about a meet up but *suprise suprise* I'm rather nervous I haven't ever met up with a group of anxiety sufferers before and I have reservations that a group may 'feed' off each others anxiety does anyone else have issues like this? is anyone here a regular meet up goer?

Oddfish
01-06-10, 20:00
Hi Vicky23, I've never been to a meet up but I'd still like to meet up with other sufferers. To the outsider I probably don't appear to have anxiety or depression at all so I hope I wouldn't make anyone feel worse :D. I'd just like to meet up with others in a similar situation for some mutual support. I'm sure it would be fine.

vicky23
01-06-10, 20:02
hi trickyvee thanks for your reply :) where are you from?

Oddfish
01-06-10, 20:06
The Newcastle area.

Raindog
01-06-10, 20:08
I'm currently in Middlesbrough so might be up for a meetup, maybe a sit about for a coffee. I'm hoping to get a job this week so will have spare cash to head up to Newscastle for a nice day out :yesyes:

vicky23
01-06-10, 20:11
that's great guys, rain I really hope it goes well for you getting a job this week! I'm from a place called Prudhoe I'm not sure if Rain will know where it is but it's about 20 mins by car East of Newcastle
My Granda is from Middlesbrough :)

Raindog
01-06-10, 20:17
I know Prudhoe, nice place. I like the Newcastle area, I lived up there a few years ago when I was working there and really loved exploring around the city and out to the coast, lots of hidden places even in the middle of the city. I lived over by Heaton park for a while and found a few places tucked away that felt like you were away from the city, which was nice during the summer months.

vicky23
02-06-10, 11:14
I was thinking last night about how best it would be to organise a get together because I'm aware that there are a lot of people 'up for it' but the actual implimenting is definitley the hard part! so I was thinking how about we leave this open for a time and see what response there is. Those of you who have been to a meet before I'm sure would have much more idea of how these things are put into practice (it's like a military operation lol )

Also I thought it would be nice to know a bit about each other just to get a better idea of who we are talking to...
I'm Vicky, 23 from a town called Prudhoe I live with my Mam and bro who I love dearly they're amazing and have seen me through very difficult times. I don't have a job at the mo due to anxiety and the physical aspects of it but I help my Grandma who has health problems and I'm planning on registering for the open uni to do a course in sept.

looking forward to hearing back from you
:)

Raindog
02-06-10, 11:22
Sounds fair enough Vicky,
I'm Shaun, 41, originally from Darlington but living in Middlesbrough. Living alone, which has made it tough getting through the depression and especially the anxiety, but things are looking up. Might be getting a job soon if this interview goes well tomorrow, so fingers crossed on that one.

Went to uni and got my degree in my early 30s and now at least I have that to help me get a job, which is much better than I was during my 20s. I want to move back up to Newcastle if I can ever stick at a job long enough and get the chance.

I'm a bit of an old rocker but like a wide range of music, in my opinion if I like it, I like it, simple as that.

Who's next?

vicky23
02-06-10, 11:57
hey guys so it turns out I have quite an impatient streak (some would say organisational to put it in a positive light :P hehe ) and I've PM'd a few members in the north east on here so that they get a notification in their e-mail if they dont check in with the site regularly. Atleast I really hope they get a notification because if they don't I've pretty much just been typing away for nothing!! :blush:

johnno
12-06-10, 09:38
ill up for it :) been waiting for one up here for donkeys :) lets get the date set lol

vicky23
12-06-10, 10:42
hi Johno think we're going for next month? wait and see if we get any more responses, there's 3 boys and only me so hopefully some girls will reply :) hehe

Raindog
12-06-10, 10:49
Some time in July would probably work well, June seems to be a bit cold and damp again plus I should hopefully have a job by then so some spare cash for the trip up.

t0rt01se36
12-06-10, 11:41
I'd like to meet up too, but could only get to Yarm or Darlington.

July is ok for me, apart from 19 - 25 inclusive.

Julie

vicky23
12-06-10, 21:18
ok so July sounds good for most people, the only other issue is where is the best place to meet ?

Oddfish
12-06-10, 21:32
I'm a girl! :D

vicky23
12-06-10, 21:34
trickkkyyy!!! I'm so glad to hear from you, it's been ages I thought maybe you'd got lost woohoo :D you still up for meet up?

Oddfish
12-06-10, 21:38
Sure am. We seem to have a bit of a split between where we all live though. Not sure where the best meeting place would be.

vicky23
12-06-10, 21:41
yeah I know that could be tricky...lol seemed the most appropriate word...
I'm planning on going into the chat room if you want to have a chat?

Raindog
13-06-10, 11:19
I'm happy travelling up to Newcastle or Durham, which might be nice for a meet up too. I know Ju is in York but I can meet her at Darlington to travel on the train along with anyone else that's going to catch a train there too.

Oddfish
13-06-10, 14:02
I could get to Newcastle, Durham, Middlesbrough.

Raindog
13-06-10, 14:17
I'd rather get out of Middlesbrough for the day, I see enough of the place :D

vicky23
13-06-10, 17:09
well Newcastle is the best place for me as I know it reasonably well. But I could get to Durham if that's better for everyone else

Oddfish
15-06-10, 10:30
Perhaps we should go for Durham as that is a bit of travelling for everyone - nice place too. So, how about we fix a date? How many people do we have so far?

t0rt01se36
15-06-10, 11:44
Too far for me :mad:

vicky23
15-06-10, 12:56
I think that the majority of us are from the Newcastle area. Tricky, Matt, me and Mojo's Mam altho I haven't heard from her recently. So does it make sense for us to meet in Newcastle and have a separate meet up for people in your area Ju. Of course if you wish to travel like rain dog that's great but for me *being selfish here I REALLY hope it doesn't come across like I want to exclude anyone at all!!* but for it being my first meet up I'd rather suggest Newcastle which is a somewhat realistic target at this stage for me, Durham would be pushing it as I don't really know it and Darlington I have no experience of so that would be really hard.
How does that sound? of course I'm looking to stretch my comfort zone so certainly a meet up further afield is something I'd like to do in the future.
I really hope that sounds ok, reading this back, I don't want it to come across as 'it's my way or the high way' I'm just being realistic about what I could handle right now. sooo how about I start a thread on 'a Newcastle meet up' rather than north east which is quite broad and if anyone should want to meet then great if not I'll do some comfort stretching maybe take a couple of trips with my Mam who I feel comfortable with and join you all later....

johnno
15-06-10, 17:42
newcastle it is then :) its not difficult to access either :)

now all we need is a date ? lol