PDA

View Full Version : SYMTOMS, I BET. you can relate to.

Ruby94
24-03-10, 15:40
I would just like to say, the symtoms listed below ive read through them and every word matches me, these were written by amieekid i hope she doesnt mind me reposting this but i would like to take this further and ask about your experiences, and also symtom number 9 I get really bad, i was wondering if it wasnt just me and Aimee who get this. :) Please read on :)

1) Swollen throat/tongue feeling - I often feel like my throat and tongue are swelling up. I also tense my throat without realising a lot which makes it feel like its swelling up, and I do the same with my tongue. I also have an increased awareness of my tongue and lips, probably because I'm so paranoid about the tongue feeling and because I associate it with anaphalaxis (severe allergic reactions) even though I've never had this.

2) Surges of numbness/sickness - This symptom is horrible. I get a surge through my head and to my stomach. It's like a numb feeling of anasthetic, with a horrible nausia at the same time. Someone described it a few posts ago as the feeling you get when you go over a bump really fast, it's very similar to that. I'm not sure if this is the feeling a lot of people refer to as 'brain zaps'.

3) Numbness in head/face - The side of my face goes numb sometimes, and around my jaw and lips. The roof of my mouth also goes feels numb too, like when you get anasthetic from the dentist. I also get this feeling inside my head like it's in my brain which is scary too

4) Pressure in the head/face - It feels like there's this pressure or something pushing from the inside of my head and face, especially behind my eyes and in the sinus areas. The roof of my mouth also gets this sometimes, and my brain gets this too, like there's a headband wrapped around my brain.

5) Breathing - I feel like I can't breathe in, especially through my nose, but I can breathe out.

6) Chest pain/crushing feelings - Sometimes I get sharp stabby pains in my chest, a lot of the time at random without panic attacks. During the panic attacks I feel like my chest is crushing or like something is restricting my lungs and squishing my heart. I think this is mostly because I have read what it feels like to have a heart attack and so my body just mimics my thoughts of this.

7) Muscle tension, pain and stiffness - I tense my muscles a lot without realising it, they're constantly tense really, which causes a lot of constant pain. During my panic attacks I feel really still and like I can't move, like my limbs are too heavy to move or lift.

8) Jaw/ear/neck pain - I tense my jaw alllllll the time, which makes it stiff and really sore all the time. It also affects my neck and it feels like my ears are hurting, but it's actually my jaw muscles.
9) Shaking on the inside - It feels like I'm trembling and shaking all over, and sometimes like there's someone lying next to me who is shaking. But when I look at my body it's not physically shaking, it's actually just on the inside, which can be really scary too.

10) Hightened sense of everything! - I'm aware of every single feeling I get in my body, every single one. A little pain that I'd usually not even notice becomes a sharp pain that could be any possible disease or illness. Every noise and movement is louder and more noticeable too.

11) Funny taste in mouth - I get a really funny taste in my mouth, I don't know what to describe it as, it's just funny and I'm aware of it. Maybe it's just ebcause my tastebuds are more sensitive now.

12) Numbness and tingling in hands/feet/lower back - Self explanatory really, just that icky tingly feeling that most people get, as we mosly know now is from hyperventilating. I know when I'm going to have a biggish panic attack though because I get the tingling in my lower back.

13) Feeling of swollen organs in my stomach - my stomach feels bloated and like my stomach, liver, spleen, all of thos organs, are swollen and twice the size they should be.

14) Pain behind eyes - I get a pain behind my eyes a lot, not like a headache, just like tension behind them. My eyesight is funny sometimes too, the more stressed out I am the harder it is to focus on things and the more it hurts.

15) Heart feels like its pumping really fast or not at all - Sometimes my heart starts beating really fast and I can feel it and it's worse if I lie on my side. More often though it actually feels like my heart isn't beating at all, which is way scarier than being able to feel your heart beating! I also feel like there is no blood going through my body and freak out that I have a clot somewhere or my blood pressure is too low to keep moving the blood around my body.

16) OCD-like thoughts - I've developed a way of thinking obsessively over everything. I constantly have 'what if' thoughts. Constantly - without a break. Even when I know all of the 'what ifs' are silly and highly unlikely (if not impossible!) I still can't stop myself from freaking out over them and thinking about them. My psych has assured me that this is OCD and will be difficult to break, but being concious of it will slowly help to stop these thoughts.

Lou 1
24-03-10, 15:55
I have just started a thread about symptom 9 shaking on the inside.. i seem to be having this today although im not sure if its the same thing as u experience..
It just feels like my body is really shaky but its not visible also feels like i have small vibrating feelings in my body almost like when ur arm/legs goes numb and when the feeling comes back u get that rush of blood and it feels fuzzy and almost vibrates.
is this how u feel?

Ruby94
24-03-10, 22:00
I have just started a thread about symptom 9 shaking on the inside.. i seem to be having this today although im not sure if its the same thing as u experience..
It just feels like my body is really shaky but its not visible also feels like i have small vibrating feelings in my body almost like when ur arm/legs goes numb and when the feeling comes back u get that rush of blood and it feels fuzzy and almost vibrates.
is this how u feel?

Yes i do get that, espesurly when i wake up from too much sleep or too little, i know exactly wat you mean, weak and jittery feeling, a little bit like a Hangover. I know what you mean yes x