PDA

View Full Version : what times best to take Escitalopram

martynuk
24-03-10, 16:43
whats the best time people have found to take Escitalopram ? i currently take 10mg in the morning first thing before breakfast, do you find it better to take them in the morning or evening ?
im also thinking of upping it to 15mg, the doctor prescribed me on 20mg, but after stopping and restarting them recently im feeling worse than ever on 10mg , been around 2 wks...i get over heated , worry myself into such a tiz over absolutely nothing, something as simple as someone coming to the door ! mad i know..
thanks

mummy4
24-03-10, 20:21
hi i take mine last thing at night just before i get into bed and always have done. im on 5mg cipralex but could do with upping them to 10mg but am scared of the side effects x

martynuk
26-03-10, 17:14
Thanks for the reply, do you find it affects your sleeping at all > I also notice when I wake in the mornings, which is in effect just before I take my pill I am very hot ! Incidently Ive just upped mine from 10 to 15mg I see the possible gains more than the possible side effects, I cant stand the way i feel with the contstant attacks, the lump in the throat, the dizzyness etc, so I see the side effects as no worse.. all be it not very nice, but after looking on here and from past experiences after a week or 2 they subside and the extra mg's "should" help..

hi i take mine last thing at night just before i get into bed and always have done. im on 5mg cipralex but could do with upping them to 10mg but am scared of the side effects x