PDA

View Full Version : Weird Disequilibrium Feeling

Prest
24-03-10, 17:16
Sometimes, when I am anxious, I can feel as if I cant stand unsupported or that I am swaying or unsteady. Almost as if I am drunk but I am not.

The reason I think this is my mind doing this to me is that after I have had a few drinks in a pub for example, I can be totally free of this anxiety and as such no longer a bit wobbly.

I am pretty sure this is unique to me but would REALLY welcome comments from others that can relate.

Thanks
Prest.

guitarpants
24-03-10, 18:49
This is the WORST, and I had the most trouble with it. Who knows why or how it happens, but it just does. Mine lasted for months and just only recently started to improve. It was making me insane. You just have to try to do your best and accept it for the time being, try not to focus on it, and it will eventually go away. It might take a long time though, but it will. For me it took about 6 months.

chili2424
24-03-10, 22:57
I get this sometimes too. Its like im swaying back and forth and really annoying.

Anzie2008
25-03-10, 00:38
Hey :)
I've also suffered with this- it's probably my most common symptom to be honest !!!! Trust me, I know just how infuriating it is!! Mine started after I'd been diagnosed with an Inner Ear Infection; it just never seemed to clear up properly after that.
Some days are better than others, but most days I have moments where I feel like I'm rocking or swaying, either when standing and sometimes when sitting. It's like when you've just got off a boat or something... but it lasts a lot longer lol. Very infuriating.

Mine is definitely connected to my anxiety. If I'm having a good day and not feeling too anxious, I don't notice it half as much. If I'm anxious however, I can pretty much guarantee I'll feel unsteady, like my legs aren't working or something.

It is a difficult symptom to deal with, but it does get easier when you realise that is JUST anxiety. Strangely, I find that keeping moving helps make my disequilibrium better... because when you're moving, you don't notice the swaying or rocking half as much !!! It's tough though, please feel free to PM me if you want to talk
xxxx

loncouple
30-04-10, 22:19
I have exactly what you have described, but also I feel very nauseous sometimes, also my symptoms have been going on for nearly a year now and I don't know if it will eventually go away, despite doing physio, it has got much worse lately any suggestions to alleviate the symptoms.

Slipware
23-07-10, 10:58
I thought I had lost my dizziness, after taking amitriptyline for a couple of months, but it is back, with a vengence! I also feel sick too, I'm just waiting for it to subside again. Thing is, the cause of the anxiety I had, is far less troublesome now, so why have I got this weird dizziness so bad again? Neurologist says I have tension head... Hmmm, it feels more like my ear to me! :ohmy:

ann01
25-07-10, 18:24
This is my worse symptom at the moment along with the dizziness, I sway quite badly when stood up to the point my partner keeps telling me to sit down cause I'm making him feel sick cause I sway so much, but people noticing makes it 10 times worse. When I'm walking it's like my legs are going to stop working they feel stiff yet wobbly, mine too started after a bad ear infection that I don't think has ever cleared io properly.
It's also difficult to put on foot infront of the other and I'm so clumsy always bumping into things or knocking things over, drives me mad.