PDA

View Full Version : new person

kiwi
24-03-10, 17:17
hi there

about 2 years ago my son who has asd got permantly excluded from school 2 months later i suffered my 1st panic attack, i thought it was a severe allergic reaction and called an ambulance:blush:. Anyway to cut a long story short i had major panic attacks every night after that and was terrified to eat because of the allergy thing. 2 months later i lost my dear nanny who was like a mum to me it was sudden, cancer but a blood clot killed her,. After that every ache and pain i had became a clot (in my head) and it gradually took over my life.

My son was out of school for 8 months and is a very difficult child, i have 4 children 12, 10(asd) and 5 year old twin boys 1 who also has asd.

I finally was brave enough to take citalopram 4 months after 1st panic, it worked wonders when it kicked in.

I then came off it and was doing really well until some more stress lately has kicked it off again big time i had bad spasms in my head on and off for months they have recently stopped and i now have a pain where my right rib under my breast is, i am sure it is trapped wind but i still will get anxious about it. I really dont wanna have to go back on citalopram, does anything else help?.

any way well done for reading so far lol and i look forward to chatting with ui all
:)

Straw Jacket
24-03-10, 17:22
Hi there Kiwi, I am fairly new here myself and I am sorry you are feeling bad again. If you dont want to go back onto citalopram there are some natural alternatives, St Johns wort is supposed to be very good.

All I can recommend from personal experience is to try and stay busy, try some breathing excercises when feeling particularly bad and try some excercise. I have a wii and some of the fitness games on that do absolute wonders for my anxiety.Best thing is you can do it from home :)

nomorepanic
24-03-10, 17:23
Hi kiwi

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes