PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure Check Tomorrow

sarahsarah
24-03-10, 19:03
and of course I am worried about it!

This is the usual 6 monthly check for anyone on BP medication but it's actually the first time I have been "called in" by the surgery to have it done- in the past I have had my BP taken whilst seeing the GP for something else and they have done the BP check there and then to save a separate appointment.

I have no reason to believe it will have gone up since the last time it was checked but I am still worried. I am worried most of all about are it being so high they won't let me go on holiday on Saturday (I know this is highly, highly unlikely)

But what I am most concerned about is if the nurse wants to do a blood test on me there and then, just because I haven't had one in a while. Is this possible or if she thinks I should have one would she just recommend I make a further appointment, which I can do when I get back? I would find it difficult to enjoy my holiday knowing there were some outstanding results waiting for me to get back.

Sorry, I know all this is piffling really, but I won't sleep tonight, I'll worry all day tomorrow and this will send my BP higher than it normally is anyway. If anyone could share their experiences I would be so grateful xx