PDA

View Full Version : I take my hat off to all of you.......

wavey
13-01-06, 23:00
Just thought I'd leave a note about how courageous I think everyone is on this forum.

My first PA was about 30 years ago and since then, I have been up and down. More recently (last few years) I am not troubled by PA's. Let me clarify this by saying, I still get PA's now again but they don't hold any importance to me anymore. I don't let these natural feelings ruin my life by holding on to them, analysing them or waiting for the next one.

My heart goes out to all of you who are dealing with your PA's. All of you WILL get better. Try to learn as much about PA's as you can because - knowledge is power. The more you know, the less you will be surprised.

When I think back to the time that I used to worry about being able to walk to a bus stop without collapsing to now - when I am free to do as I want. It makes me realise how much time I wasted. Please don't let these feelings ruin your life or waste your time - they really aren't important enough.

I wish you all well.

Here's one of my favourite positive affirmations:

Angels fly because they take themselves lightly.

Take care,
Davey

freakedout
14-01-06, 01:33
Hi wavey,

thanks for a wonderful message, I aspire to feel like you one day. Well done to you, it is great to hear of your success.

Shadowwin
14-01-06, 02:13
What a beautiful post.. in fact it brought tears to my eyes as I read it..
thank you for stopping by thank you for the encouragement and I was wondering.. would you mind sharing with us how you beat it?

Talia

Tomimo
14-01-06, 09:56
That's really inspirational to hear!

Thanks for sharing :)

Annie x x

seh1980
14-01-06, 13:11
Thanks for sharing that :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

3faces
14-01-06, 13:16
What a great post:)

It's great to hear from someone who is not letting panic/anxiety rule their life.

I 'think' I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Take care

Jem xxx

Piglet
14-01-06, 13:53
Lovely post :D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

alexis
14-01-06, 17:52
Hi, thanks for that advice, lovely to read your post, take care.xx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

mirry
14-01-06, 19:57
HI davey, You never mentioned how old you were when your panics started and how old you are now for them to almost dissapear ?
The reason I am asking is because I read somewhere panic attacks usually strike people between the age of 16-54 .

Thanks for your support you are very kind to share that with us l and we all appreciate it , thanks:D

mirryx

EmmaJane
14-01-06, 20:31
Hi Davey, thanks for the words of encouragement. Glad your doing well

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

wavey
15-01-06, 19:47
Thanks for your replies.

To answer a couple of questions - I am now 38.

Taria, I will put my story in the "success stories" section. Hopefully that way, it may benefit others.

Take care and don't let these natural feelings fool you.
Davey

pips
16-01-06, 13:18
Thanks so much for the beutiful post I am so glad you are doing so well. It is all so very true. The POSITIVE affirmation was lovely to.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X

Zeusmoose
16-01-06, 17:19
Thanks so much, that is just what I needed to read today to make me smile:D

Wishing you much happiness, and thanks again for being kind enough to take the time to write on this forum - what a wonderful person you must be.

Kindest wishes,

Debbie xx