PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a few questions =]

FireFlyyy
24-03-10, 19:20
Hey everyone, Im new here.

Im a 19 year old thats suffered from panic attacks/generalised anxiety disorder along with phobias since the age of around 4 (yes, 4!).

Basically, I'm here with a few questions.
My mother has booked a holiday for us both in July to Rhodes in Greece….Though I haven't been within a 20 mile radius of my house in the last year. I have conquered Agoraphobia once before, when I moved 250 miles away from home by myself, but for some reason its back - and its back with a vengeance.

My question is. I plan to get some Diazepam from my doctor (I was prescribed 6mg for my last flight as anything less doesnt seem to touch me) and wondered how long this dosage would stay in my system? The flight to Greece is 4/5 hours and I'm terrified of the Diazepam wearing off before I reach the airport at the other side! :blush:

Lucie x

mick_uk
24-03-10, 19:31
Hiya Firflyyy,
It usually takes about half an hour to start working and that dosage should last a couple of hours. Perhaps your dr could also give you a couple of 2mg tablets just to top up during the flight if needed

mick

Maj
24-03-10, 19:50
Hi Lucie,
Yes, I'd explain to your doctor that your flight lasts that long and I'm sure he/she will give you a top up for the journey. I'm also sure that when you do get there you'll have a great time. Away from home it is like a different world with new sights, etc. and it takes all your troubles away. If you've conquered agoraphobia before then I'm sure you'll do it again. Look at this as a setback through which you'll get stronger.
Myra x

TTBP
25-03-10, 13:57
Hi Lucie,

I just saw this after I'd replied to you on my thread, sorry you do mention here how long you've been house bound, or at least not outside a twenty mile radius.

Take care x xxx