PDA

View Full Version : ocd for the brave

kirky
13-01-06, 23:06
Hi all, i am in a great mood thank you to all who have welcomed me , i sort of council those with ocd via email, and i have a great way at haveing a go at breaking a ocd ritual / cycle.

1/ the first time you break a big ritual its gonna be tough because the anxiety . but if you do it further rituals should be easier.

so lets get a bit blue peter , what you need, is
1. two pieces of paper, a celebratery drink, wine, or coke
2,and most important of all bravery ,
3, and a distraction

As you know ocd pulls us away from our wants and needs and distracts us from doing what we want to do in life. here is where we start... at the hardest part, try if you can and walk away mid ritual. accept that you are walkin and ocd is left behind of course mr ocd says at his point (excuse me ahem we really should go back and play ritual) ignore this, .its the all to common threat ,

well done[8D] get to your safe place, room, whereever, write on one piece of paper what you would love to be really doing right now on the other write what ocd wants you to do, pin them up, .

now its distraction time remember mr o says now (tut tut come on ) oh yes very persistant this anxiety, but we are gonna fight forward your distraction , can be book, magazine, dvd you name it, but its relax and going nowheretime........yep the anxiety hurts but visualise it as a crack in the chain thats pulling you back.[8D]

as the hours wind on, and mr ocd keeps yellin at ya, the levels of anxiety will reduce, stick with it remember more unwanted thoughts will pop up trying to convince you to move but .............dont, :)

when you feel that the anxiety is down, look at your pinned up bits of paper, smile, you have just divided your ocd and the proof is staring you in the face,now when you feel confidant embrace your reward,

hopefully get drunk and laugh at the unfinished ritual, [:P]
if not drunk then be pleased you did someting brave

this works its tried and tested, but the key is strenth aswell as other things.

i just i would share that with you.

kirkx