PDA

View Full Version : Low abdominal ache - Ladies please

mabelina
24-03-10, 21:31
About a year ago i had bad stomach aches low down in my abdomen. My doctor took a swab and it came back that i had an infection. I cant remember the name i was given for it but it was quite deep inside and she said it was due to the fact that the anus and vagina are so close together. I had to have three lots of antibiotics as it was so stubborn. Off and on throughout this year ive had the odd niggle there but for the past three weeks its constant. It just feels exactly like im due my period (which im not). I went to see a different doctor yesterday who felt my tummy and gave me an internal which she said was fine. I had to ask her for a swab to be taken, which she then did but she didn't use a speculum to go deep inside, just put it in and twisted it about. I also had a load of blood tests taken today as well.
What im wondering is, will this swab be as accurate as the last one seeing as she didn't swab deep inside? I don't have any other symptoms such as discharge, bloating etc

julieannboo
25-03-10, 10:38
About a year ago i had bad stomach aches low down in my abdomen. My doctor took a swab and it came back that i had an infection. I cant remember the name i was given for it but it was quite deep inside and she said it was due to the fact that the anus and vagina are so close together. I had to have three lots of antibiotics as it was so stubborn. Off and on throughout this year ive had the odd niggle there but for the past three weeks its constant. It just feels exactly like im due my period (which im not). I went to see a different doctor yesterday who felt my tummy and gave me an internal which she said was fine. I had to ask her for a swab to be taken, which she then did but she didn't use a speculum to go deep inside, just put it in and twisted it about. I also had a load of blood tests taken today as well.
What im wondering is, will this swab be as accurate as the last one seeing as she didn't swab deep inside? I don't have any other symptoms such as discharge, bloating etc

maybe you has cysitis last time? it is like a dragging feeling almost like your womb was gonna fall out.

i suffered from it quite alot about 3 years ago. had to have different anti biotics to clear it up.

moomintroll
25-03-10, 11:24
i do not see why the swab she took would not be of help to find out whats wrong, i get period type pains up to two weeks before my period, it might just be that you have or a urine infection

hope you get it all sorted and i am sure your tests will come back and all will be well :hugs:

mabelina
25-03-10, 15:58
Thanks both :) Ive had Cystitis before, many times and im sure thats not what i have. I guess its pointless worrying until i get my results. Easier said than done!