PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary Burping-GROSS!

chili2424
24-03-10, 22:47
Hi,

I've been experiencing this for over a month now. It really comes and goes and it gets much worse when I start focusing it. The best way to describe it is like I'm forcing a burp out the back of my throat. Its really disgusting and the more I do it the worse it gets. It sort of comes and goes throughout the month and for the past 2 days its been my "featured" symptom. To burp, I sort of do this "half-swallow" and the little thing in the back of my throat shifts back even farther and then I burp. I don't think its really a "gas" problem and I'm thinking it might be more bad habit than anything medical. I really can't break this and I don't know what to do. It's not like its an involuntary belch, I have to force them out or they will sort of get "stuck in my throat". I really need help with this its becoming a real constant annoyance in my life. Have any of you guys experienced this before and are there any recommendations on what I should do about it? Thanks.

NoPoet
24-03-10, 23:18
Hi, could it be anxiety related? If I'm really anxious I sometimes feel like I've got something stuck in my throat when there's actually nothing there.

Dollie
24-03-10, 23:42
Hi Chilli, Im really sorry your having to go through this, I know from experience what it can be like. The important thing is to understand its a symptom from anxiety and that you need to understand why you r anxious and by working on the reason you should find the burping will be less and less until it goes. Being positive and telling yourself the burp is not necessary will also help.
I hope you manage to sort it out.
Here's thinking of you :)
dollie

chili2424
25-03-10, 00:04
It's weird. I have no idea how I even have anxiety disorder I don't even feel anxious. The symptoms just come on and then I suddenly become anxious but I have no idea where it originates from. My best guess is just thinking bad thoughts thats all