PDA

View Full Version : Chest infection?

soular
14-01-06, 12:44
Hi I've been feeling short of breath for the last few days. I'm also coughing up discoloured pleghm and my throat is a bit dry and sore. Naturally I typed these symptoms into google and found all sorts of terrifying results. I'm only 23 but have smoked on and off for a few years. One of my ears was also blocked up and sore a couple of days ago. I'm wondering if the breathlessness could be caused by all my anxiety over this. But I've never hyperventilated constantly like this before. When I distract myself it gets a bit better though! I'm scared it's something serious, but keep trying to tell myself it's only an infection and anxiety on top of it from all the worry. I haven't seen my doctor yet, I'm too scared too. But on the other hand I don't want to leave it too long in case I need antibiotics. Does anyone have any experience of chest infections or similar symptoms? I've gone through a lot of symptoms with health anxiety but my current symptoms are new to me.

Thanks

Trish
14-01-06, 14:42
Hi It sounds to me like an infection, i suffer chest infections this time of year. Pop to your GP and get check out, if you are bringing up discoloured pleghm, this is a sure sign of an infection.

Please try not to worry (easier said than done, i know) but don't let this go on you need something to clear this up, and a chest infection will pull you down....take it from me!

Trish x

Trish
14-01-06, 14:43
Hi It sounds to me like an infection, i suffer chest infections this time of year. Pop to your GP and get check out, if you are bringing up discoloured pleghm, this is a sure sign of an infection.

Please try not to worry (easier said than done, i know) but don't let this go on you need something to clear this up, and a chest infection will pull you down....take it from me!

Trish x