PDA

View Full Version : Claire Weekes book - magic

julieannboo
25-03-10, 10:35
just started reading 'essential help for your nerves' by Dr Claire weekes after a couple of people on her recommended her books.

the woman makes sense - even though i am only a couple of chapters in - i would highly advise reading this book.

Pudding
25-03-10, 14:40
She was my saviour, I absolutely love that woman, so sad she is no longer around. She had so much empathy and genuine feeling for her patients because she had 'been there'. Such a gentle kind lady, I still read her books when I feel bad and I've had them for about 15 years now, I have tapes of hers and a video which she did for television. She completely removes all the mystery and makes life simple again, I hope you get lots of peace and help from it.

best wishes
Fran

Mazzmate
25-03-10, 14:56
I found it so difficult to get on with, the language was so old fashioned and dated that it actually put me off. I agree that what she says is right and positive and helpful but some of the people on this site say such clever. sensible and practical things. I bought the book last week after it had been recommended but it didn't do it for me at all.:weep:

Maj
25-03-10, 15:11
My mum and I both thought she was wonderful. She helped us both so much when we thought we couldn't get out of the black hole. Her advice was so simple, but effective.
Myra x

carli
25-03-10, 19:05
Love her, she is first class. xxxx

Shanny
25-03-10, 19:12
I have one of her books and a CD that I listen to on my way home from work....she's awesome :)

Veronica H
25-03-10, 20:59
:yesyes:I love that woman.

Veronicax

worry_bunny
25-03-10, 22:46
Could anyone please tell me which is the best book of hers to get. Money is tight at the moment but Im going to look in somewhere like ebay or perhaps the library to see of I can find some of her books.

julieannboo
26-03-10, 10:38
i bought this one - 2 books in one for £6.46

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Essential-Help-Your-Nerves-Overcome/dp/0722540132/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269599384&sr=8-2

Zee
26-03-10, 10:56
I have just ordered Claire weekes book as it has excellent reviews and I see quite a few on here have found some help from it too:)

Earthworm
26-03-10, 11:33
I bought Self Help for your Nerves & Essential Help ... about 8 or 9 years ago when I first started with anxiety & panic. I must say they helped me enormously in the early days by clearing away the mystery of my symptoms and convincing me my issues were nervous in origin. I have gone back to them so often and will be forever in debt to Claire Weekes .... however I must say as my journey progresses despite all that learning I don't seem to get the same reassurance from them anymore and still have dreadful Health Anxiety as new symptoms still arrise.

oneofus
26-03-10, 13:11
worry_bunny check your PM's please

oneofus

Saor
26-03-10, 13:31
Could anyone please tell me which is the best book of hers to get. Money is tight at the moment but Im going to look in somewhere like ebay or perhaps the library to see of I can find some of her books.

I second this, which one of her books is best for GAD? She has lots on Amazon and I'm not too sure how they differ?? Any opinions would be really appreciated. Thanks a mill

Saor