PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

copingwell
25-03-10, 14:47
Hi everyone! A few of you may know me from about a year ago under the name tryingtocope.

So much has changed in the last year, sorry for not popping back sooner. :D

I used to have severe emetophobia, panic attacks, and was starting to develope agrophobia. I had panic attacks just doing something simple like going in a shop to buy a bottle of milk, suffered with anxiety constantly at work, anyones house, even at my own house! Couldnt get in a car with anyone exept my partner, couldnt ride a bus, couldnt go in a supermarket, pub, cinema, shopping centre, everything was a mess.

I have been on citalopram for nearly a year now, and it has helped me so much :) i can do anything i used to be able to do, i go out drinking with friends every weekend, even goin on holiday in a few weeks time with at one point i never thought i would do again.

For anyone haveing side effects with citalopram, really try and push through them. its changed my life. Of course i needed to push myself too, if i feel anxious just try and push through it, it will get easier every time you manage.

Of course i still get my off days now and then, but i have learned to cope, usually the next day will be great :yesyes:

Wish everyone luck, just wanted to share some good stories :bighug1:

nomorepanic
25-03-10, 14:49
Hi copingwell

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

KK77
25-03-10, 15:54
What a lovely story, and I'm pleased you are now "coping well" rather than "trying" to!

Welcome back

daydreamer
25-03-10, 18:05
Yey its good to hear some positivity! So glad you are 'coping' and enjoying life again, it gives us all hope :)