PDA

View Full Version : need advice

Lilow12
25-03-10, 16:40
hiya
to cut a long story short well short ish......went to the doctors last friday with chest infection.. he examined me said he could hear a mummer in my heart :ohmy: and sent me straight to A&E which is the last place on this earth I would want to be... they did a heart trace which was a little fast... bloods which where clear and x-ray which was clear:D after 7 hours waiting doctor called me in... had a listen to my heart and said she couldn'nt hear anythin:blush: she asked me did I take cocaine which I dont and then was there any sudden deaths in my family which there has'nt been thank god.... she then asked me about panic and anxiety which i told her about... she gave me 10 xanax and told me to take as needed... i havent takin any tablets for 3 years... they thing is i feel so streesed out all week and keeping getting pains in my chest and stich like pains in my heart.... i have'nt takin any of the tablets... I have my sisters christening on sunday and I am godmother... I was so looking forward to having a lovely day with my family and friends but now I am not :weep::weep: do you think if I take a tablets for the next 2 nights I might feel better for sunday:blush:

Worrier
25-03-10, 16:43
Hi Lilow,

Just wanted to tell you that my hub had a similar experience. During a routine physical exam the doctor said he could hear a murmor, so referred him to a cardiologist. Went through all the tests and a lot of worry to be told that they found nothing. We were a little worried though because his Dad died suddenly of a heart attack at 64. But we were also told this was not a risk factor for him.

So I guess what I am saying is that sometimes doctors air on the side of caution. I would go with what A&E said, nothing wrong and try to put it all behind you.

Hang in there and take care
Natalie