PDA

View Full Version : Coughs and colds at moment

countrygirl
25-03-10, 17:04
It appears that the whole country is being laid low with a virus that gives you pharyngitis/tracheitis bad cough etc. My husband started 10 days ago with worst throat he had ever had then agony to cough in windpipe and still coughing terribly like a dog barking:blush: so he daren't go out in public. Because he has had pneumonia in past he saw Dr after 5 days and as a precaution was given antibiotics as a preventative but Dr said the virus is all in the throat and windpipe and he is seeing loads of people with it. I went into pharmacy today and the the pharmacist was coughing like a barking dog as well and she said she was 14 days into it.

I have been terrified that husband will get pneumonia again as when he succumbed 10 yrs ago he was unconscious and in hospital which was very scary. At moment he hs to sleep sitting up because if he lays down he cannot stop coughing but he says his lungs feel okay.

I have had a tickly throat for 2 days then this morning woke up with def cold - face going to explode and painful up back of nose. I always always feel as if I can't breathe if I get a cold like a heavy hand on my upper chest even if Dr says my lungs are fine.
I am now worrying and worrying that I will get bad chest and cough like husband:weep:

Thumbelina
25-03-10, 17:25
finally somebody with the same problem as me
i am worried sick, feel very ill have fever for 4 days, on antibiotics, but so so weak, sinuses and having anxiety attacks...my daughter is coughing terribly.

sorry ab you and your husb, must be awfull.

what meds do u take

countrygirl
25-03-10, 17:38
Hi Thumberlina. My husband is taking antibiotics but he probably does not need them they are just a prevantive but he was so ill for 8 days that it scared me. I am just dreading that I will be the same.

Jo3016
25-03-10, 18:07
I have it too - chesty cough, awful throat, really bunged up and sinusitis. I am on inhalers and antibiotics because of the sinus problem and chest infection. I am 8 days in to this!!