PDA

View Full Version : major stress out!

cat_101
25-03-10, 17:39
need to get a few things off my chest (literally) i think, or so im told by many different doctors im suffering from health anxiety. about a year ago i caught chicken pox from my nephew, was very ill in bed, as a result of being in bed for about a week (and taking the pill) i got a dvt in my right leg.its the most painful thing i ve ever experienced! thats all better now. In june last year i got another bad pain in my left leg which is still here to this day. i ve been to the drs on average every week had all the tests and im told i dont have another dvt. i ve now had chest pain shortness of breath heart palipations and all the symptoms associated with anxiety. i ve had ecg, bloods and x ray on chest all have come back negative. last week i started having panic attacks. its so frightening, the dizzyness feeling of fainting pounding heart (you get the message)! i cant get the fact i ve got a dvt out of my head and the chest pain is ruining my life, i have no energy and im living in contant fear, its all i can think about. my dr has sugested i get cognitive therapy. has anyone had this and does it help as im prepared to try anything. still convinced its a dvt in my leg and possibly a blood clot in my lung which is causing all the pain although i tell myself to stop being so stupid and my friends and family tell me to stop worrying its easier said than done. i ve become obsessive about checking my legs for swelling and as i work in a hospital always checking my blood pressure and other things which are always fine! can anyone shed any light on this topic???????

countrygirl
25-03-10, 19:55
We all on here know just what your panic is like - most of us on a dialy basis!
Have you explained to your Dr just how worried you are about DVt and blood clot on lung - have you already had the tests that would rule thse two things out completely like the D dimmer blood test and chest x ray???
If you haven't then it would be worth asking your Dr to do whatever tests are necessary to rule out both of these problems if only for your peace of mind - Dr can say "told you so" later.
I get sharp stabbing pains in my chest from tight neck muscles as any tension in the muscles has a knock on effect. I have had episodes of these sharp stabbing pains always in the area between bottom of neck and cleavage if you know what I mean on both sides for years but still worry its either my heart or my lungs especially if it coinsices with a cold or something.

cat_101
25-03-10, 21:19
I know what you mean. I ve had all blood tests and about 5 ultrasounds on my leg every time definately no clot, i also had a chest x ray last week with an ecg, d dimer is so sensitive everytime i have one done it is positive but dr says its a false positive. the dr is just getting frustrated with me now which i understand he says why are you making more problems for yourself! thank you for replying its good to know im not the only worrier, i ve just cleaned the house and now have to rest as leg is very sore! the problem is tests will only give me peace of mind for so long and then the worry comes back, dr says having tests over and over again only adds to the stress of it all best to forget but this is VERY hard!