PDA

View Full Version : increased anxiety on mirtazipine!?

Sti
25-03-10, 20:16
Hi there. I have been suffering with severe anxiety since the middle of January. Unfortunately the week I spent on Citalopram increased this even further and it has not yet recovered since. I have constant sunburn feeling around my head, face, nose, throat, chest, arms, stomach and sometimes legs. I get real problems with my vision and a million other symptoms. My mood hit rock bottom after a week on a tryciclic and the docs put me on 15mg mirtazipine for a week and then increased it to 30mg. The first week went well with the help of Propanolol, but my anxiety levels have increased significantly since I have been on 30mg and I am just wondering how long I am expected to feel like this. Will this drug eventually help for anxiety or is there something else wrong with me????

The beauty is that my mood is back to normal, but these feeling people label as anxiety is getting worse rather than better. Has anyone experienced something similar or can you comment on your experience of mirtazipine.

I could really do with some input here. thanksxxxx

bottleblond
25-03-10, 21:01
Sti

Anx meds can make us feel a tad worse before we start to see the benefits.

Do not worry about any stigma attached to anx meds hun. It would surprise you how many people are on similar medication. We have nurses, therapists, all sorts of people in the professional realm who are in the same boat.

I have never experienced anyone belittle me because of my condition hun so please don't worry about it.

Lisa
x

Sti
25-03-10, 21:26
Hi Bottleblond
Thanks for the reply. I think I must have not composed my thread very well as I am truly NOT concerned about being labelled anxious or depressed, but merely REALLY concerned about the levels of my anxiety and whether this is going to get any better on Mirtazipine. These symptoms are just freaking me out and my doctor keeps telling me it's anxiety, so I want to know how much longer Mirtazipine is going to increase these symptoms and when I should expect to see an improvement in my level of anxiety.

thanks for the post though:)

JT69
26-03-10, 09:09
Hi Sti

I have been on mirtazipine now for 7 weeks today, I took 15mg for 4 weeks and this is my 3rd week on 30mg. I cannot comment on when I first started taking it as I had such bad withdrawal symptoms from citalopram that I couldn't work out what drug was causing what reaction, but by the time I started on 30mg it was around 2 and half weeks when I felt my anxiety go. Presently I just have a little bit of anxiety when I very first wake up but that soon disappears. Hope that helps you. Good luck with the medication.

JO.

Thumbelina
26-03-10, 11:16
i had extreme anxiety on mirtazipine 4,5 years ago.

doctor was trying to convince me that i have to tolerate the sideeffects for some time, but i couldnt anymore and he changed the medicine,

He was not happy with me - because he said mirtazipine is really good for my age group. 30-40

So see how long you can be patient for....and maybe you can beat the sideeffects

Sti
26-03-10, 18:30
Hi Thumbalina
Thanks for the reply. What meds are you on if any for anxiety???